The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Old Posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
Girl, Interrupted

Old Posts    Empty
PostSubject: Old Posts    Old Posts    I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 3:19 pm

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM:
Day 1
8:10 AM
Enter from Hallways

Richard walks quickly to the front desk, refusing to meet anyone's eyes. He knows people are looking at him. Of course they are. Who wouldn't? But they are beneath him.

"What do I need to do?" he asks softly. The current receptionist glares up at him sourly.

"Just arrange these files in alphabetical order, would ya?" she commands in what sounds like a Boston accent, "and don't look at anything, or I'll have to report you." She grins maliciously, and Tom decides that being a snitch must be the highlight of her day.

"Of course," he says modestly, sitting down in one of the waiting chairs and beginning to sift through the files. The woman sneers at him, but he simply looks back until she has to look away, huffing angrily. She stomps off into her ajoined office to make calls. Richard sighs, continuing the menial labour, waiting for his -late, he notes- assistants to join him.

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 8:13 PM:
Day 1 - 8:17 AM
[Enter from Hallways]

Dennis rushes into the lobby, and looks for the receptionist to explain why he's late. She's inside an office though, talking on a phone. He's unsure of what to do, with no source of authority to tell him what he's supposed to do. He never has had office duty before. Dennis looks around and spots Richard sorting files in a waiting chair. "Hey," Dennnis says in greeting as he walks over to the other boy. "Are you here for chores too? What're we supposed to do?" Dennis sits down in the waiting chair next to the boy. "Do I know you? Sorry I'm late; there was a long line for chore assignments."

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 8:21 PM:
Richard pauses in his sorting as sighs.

"My name is Richard Dorson," he drones, "I am eighteen years old. If you are not eighteen and have not been here long enough to get this chore before, then no, chances are, you have never seen me before in your life." Richard looked pointedly at Dennis before looking back down at the files. When it becomes clear Dennis will not be figuring out his job alone anytime soon, he looks back up, sighing audibly.

"Just arrange the files in alphabetical order... you do know what that is, right?" he asks sarcastically.

"There's another stack of files on the desk. You can arrange those." Richard silently goes back to work, pointedly ignoring Dennis.

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 10:50 PM:
"Okay then ..." Dennis said uncomfortably. Richard wasn't being very welcoming. "I'm Dennis," He stared back at Richard, The teenager had no reason to be mean, and if Richard wanted to be this way, Dennis would do the same back. "No, I don't know the alphabet," Dennis replied equally as sarcastically. He walked over to the desk and grabbed the stack of files, before sitting down in a waiting chair on the opposite side of the room. Dennis took a handful of mints from the desk along with the papers. He spread out the files on the chair next to him and starts sorting.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 11:32 PM:
Richard glared at Dennis. Dennis was an evil bastard, he decided, trying to play him for a fool. Well, that was his problem. Richard would have no moral issues with making his stupid life misrable. After a few minutes of sorting, he stood up and walked around the room, as if stretching his legs. Suddenly, he knocked into Dennis' chair, knocking the files to the floor and out of order.

"Oops," he smiled nastily, "so sorry." Smirking, he walked back to his own chair and resumed the job at hand.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:40 PM:
Aramatha walked in late. She glance around, and walked into a corner, where she picked up a stack of papers and began straightening them, just waiting to be approached and commanded to do something else.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 9:58 PM:
Richard glanced up at the new girl. His eyes narrowed slightly, but he decided not to count her as an enemy just yet.

"Hello," he said, trying to keep his voice pleasant, "I'm Richard. Who are you?" He glared over at Dennis. Hopefully the girl would be smart enough to side with him, not Dennis. She looked nice enough, and he was sure Dennis would only bully her!

"Don't worry, I won't hurt you," he informed the girl, who seemed reluctant to speak. Luckily, he wasn't offended. He knew many here were extrememly shy. Smiling, he went back to work.

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 10:09 PM:
Dennis glared at Richard, fury building up in his chest. But he pushed it deep down, and refused to rise to Richard's infuriating taunts. Dennis leaned down, picking up the scattered files and suppressing his anger, started sorting them all over again. Luckily he hadn't been working for too long, so not that much time was lost. "Hey," said Dennis, glancing up as a girl walked in. He ignored Richard's implied insult and continued alphabetizing. He waited for the girl to say something, at least her name in response to Richard's question, but she remained silent. "My name's Dennis," he said in an offering of trust. "What's your name?"

Zhu, Chichi replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 12:51 PM:
Aramatha stared oddly at the two feudish boys, feeling very, very small. SHe opened her mouth and meant to say, "My name is Aramatha. How are you?" but instead just gestured around as if asking what she should do. She kept shuffling papers and straightening little knick knacks in the room, until she heard a voice answer her.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 2:49 PM:
Richard glanced up again at the girl to find her opening and closing her mouth like a fish and gesturing around. He frowned slightly before realizing that, for some reason or another, she probably couldn't speak. He smiled at her again, his cheeks beginning to ache.

"Here," he answered quickly, before Dennis could, gesturing to the remaining files, "organize these into alphabetical order, alright? It's a pretty easy job, it should leave plenty of time to just relax." He got up, taking the files and bringing them to the girl, 'accidently' kicking Dennis in the process. He led Aramtha to the seat next to him and resumed working, feeling triumphant, as if he had won some great battle.

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 7:54 PM:
Dennis clenched his teeth, rubbing his sore shin. Richard could kick harder than he looked capable of, the pretty boy that he was. He was probably a manipulative suck-up too. Dennis smiled half-heartedly at the silent girl, still muting his annoyance towards Richard. Why was he such a jerk? He went back to work, mechanically sorting the files alphabetically. Dennis unwrapped one of the 'borrowed' mints and popped it in his mouth, savoring the sharp, clean, minty taste. He stuffed the plastic wrapper into his pocket. He hesitated, glancing across the room at the confused-looking girl who hadn't done anything yet, other than stare around blankly and hide her face. "You want a mint?" Dennis asked, holding one of the wrapped candies outstretched.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 9:03 PM:
Richard glanced up again, frowning.

"You stole those, didn't you? You could get in a lot of trouble for that..." Richard's eyes narrowed as a smile slowly stretched across his face. The nurses would probably be greatful that Richard told them, too. They might even reward him. And even watching Dennis be punished would be worth it...

Richard stared at the silloute of the recptionist pacing back and forth in her office. She's still on the phone, he realizes. But once she gets off, he should definitely tell her.

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 11:51 PM:
"So what? They're just mints." Dennis waved away Richard's implied threats irritably and rolled his eyes. "Besides, a new kid came in this morning. They'll probably think it was one of the parents who ate one. Well? Do you want the mint?" The last two questions were directed at Aramatha, who had not spoken up for the whole time she had been in the front office. Dennis followed Richard's gaze towards the receptionist, and realized what the boy was planning. He refused to plead Richard not to tell on him, though. That was probably exactly what Richard wanted. Him on the ground, begging for him to keep quiet. That would make Richard's day, and Dennis already instinctively hated him. He might be able to just wing it.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 12:00 AM:
"Just mints, maybe, but aren't you in here for stealing? I doubt the therapists will be be happy that you regressed. And I doubt it. They keep track of everything here. Didn't you know that?" Richard sniffed. He followed Dennis' gaze and rolled his eyes.

"Haven't you realized yet that she can't talk? She's probably Selectively Mute. Honestly, are you retarded? I wonder if they're going to try and make you smarter. I hope they accidently fry whatever brain you do have in the proccess." Richard was beginning to grow beyond annoyed with Dennis. Who did this kid think he was?! He was obviously inferior. Why did he even continue to try and beat Richard? Especially when the game was centered around superior verbal skills, Richard had the upper hand. Richard almost felt sorry for Dennis, but not enough to make a difference. Dennis was evil, after all.

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 12:33 AM:
"Yeah, and what are you in here for? Being a retarded jerk? What did I even do to you? Yeah, and you just said you doubted it. Repetitive much?" Dennis shrugged. "So what? She can still nod, can't she? And what's to stop her from eating a mint?" He was taken aback at Richard's viciousness, but pressed on. "At least I'm not a tattle-tale like you. You don't even care about her," Dennis said, gesturing towards the girl. "You just want her to like you so she isn't friends with me, you selfish jerk."
--
[Enter from Outside]
Day 1 - 8:30 AM

Logan opened the glass doors of the Institute with a light push of the hand. He carried a styrofoam cup of hot coffee in one hand and a messenger bag over his left shoulder. He walked past the children sorting files in the waiting chairs and set his bag down on the receptionist desk. Logan pushed aside some other folders that presumably belonged to the other woman, and put his cup of coffee there. He opened the door to the office quietly, and mouthed, "Sorry I'm late," before closing the door. He sat down in the swivel chair and opened one of the lower drawers. Logan frowned, and opened another drawer. He stands up and looked at the three kids in the lobby sorting files. "Ah, there it is," he mutters to himself and walks over to Aramatha. "That stack isn't supposed to be sorted," he says half-apologetically, though it wasn't even his fault. "I need those files, thanks," and Logan takes them back from Aramatha's hand. He hesitates, looking at the two boys who were still glaring at each other. Something was up here. He watched them amusedly, and decided to watch them as some entertainment. Clearly the boy sitting next to the girl felt like he had the upper hand, as he was sitting proudly, with his chin up defiantly. The other boy looked more angry, his fists automatically clenching and his jaw set angrily. Logan returned to his desk, setting down and opening the manila folder containing the files and filling them out with a blue ballpoint pen.
--
As the man walks over, Dennis stuffs the mint back into his pocket. He returns to sorting the files, glancing up to check if the man has left yet. He hasn't. He had put his stuff down on the front desk, so presumably he worked here. Would he notice the missing mints? Dennis held his breath. Finally. He exhaled in relief. The man hadn't noticed the mints yet and he had gone back to his desk.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 1:56 AM:
"I was saying 'I doubt it' for a different thing each time, you idiot. And you think I'm retarded? You really have no idea how to argue... And so what if she nod? She's obviously uncomfortable right now, thanks to your insistant bickering. And I'm not a snitch. I only report those I hate. Like you. And says who? And what do you care for her, might I ask? I wasn't aware you even knew her name." Richard was going to say more, but a man entered the room before he could. Strange. The man seemed quite new. Richard decided that it was his arua that gave him away. He seemed almost frindly. He didn't belong here. Richard felt bad for him, and decided to try and be a bit nicer while he was around. Of course, he doubted that Dennis would be kind enough to exchange the same courtesy, but it mattered not. Nothing a low-life like Dennis would do could so much as phase someone as superior as Richard. Richard smirked getting back to work.

Richard watched as the man took away Aramatha's files. Poor girl. She must really feel useless, he decided.

"Here, you can sort some of my files, instead," Richard offered, smiling kindly.

The receptionist walked out of her office, finally off the phone.

"Is it time for you all to go yet?" she grouched. She glanced down at the desk and her eyes narrowed.

"I could have sworn I left some mints here," she muttered, glancing up at the children with beady eyes. Richard bit his lip. Should he say anything? He didn't want the new man to think he was rude.

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 2:15 AM:
(( sorry if i didn't make this clear enough - that's his desk, not hers. he's supposed to be the secretary/normal person at the front. ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 2:19 AM:
((Um... ok? Does that change anything? ::doesn't know how front offices work:Smile)

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 2:28 AM:
Dennis snorted. "Yeah right. You're just refusing to acknowledge your clearly limited vocabulary. Yeah, I do think you're retarded as a matter of fact. Thanks to your attitude, more like. You didn't even wait for me to tell you my name before you starting hating on me. I never even did anything! Besides, you don't know her name either." Dennis bit back further retorts as the unknown man entered the Institute lobby.
--
"Don't be so irritable, Laura," said Logan, as she frowned at the kids. "They're helping out, aren't they?" He smiled winningly. "I suppose so," she conceded. "But still ... I thought there were some mints here, and now ..." The receptionist looked around, and on the floor. She looked at the children too, her eyes narrowing. "What?" Logan glanced up at Laura, and followed her gaze. "You think -" he pointed with his pen towards the three kids.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 2:56 AM:
Richard stared at the pen pointing towards him and the other two patients. He opened his mouth, hesitating, before internally sighing.

"You think we stole something?" He asked, sounding as offended as possible, "honestly, we just had breakfast. Why would we risk isolation for a few stupid mints? We would have to be mentally unstable to attempt such a foolish task." He glanced at Dennis pointedly out of the corners of his eyes. Still, he said nothing. Blackmail was far more useful than immediate revealment, after all. Besides, such an act would be far more upsetting to Dennis than telling could ever be. This would make him more nervous, cautious, raising the need to watch his step. It gave Richard power, which was all he wanted, really.

"You better not have," Laura all but snarled, "or you better be ready to have your little ass locked up." She glared at each child once more before re-entering her office.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 3:42 AM:
Aramatha cowered as one of the boys handed her a stack of papers. Don't touch me, she prayed. Unfortunately, God wasn't on her side that day. The boy took her by the wrist, and she flinched ever so slightly as she was plopped down into a chair next to him. Just as she began to sort the papers, a boy offered her a mint. Aramatha simply cast here yes downward and flinched yet again. The two boys she hadn't cared to differentiate were arguing about her potential selective muteness-- she mentally shook her head dryly-- and about stealing CANDY when another man walked in. Taking the papers from her, he smiled a fake, apologetic smile.Aramatha kept staring around the ground. She was twitching now. Slightly, her right foot was twitching and brushing against the ground. Suddenly, she let out a little gasp. A stack of papers had been trust in front of her and a seemingly kind voice followed.

--

Aramatha again observed as the two boys were reprimanded for being a bother, and a tall man spoke to them. The boys defended themselves from being thieves. In the corner, Aramatha felt very small, just barely letting her heart jump a beat each time the word "lock" was uttered. The woman, Laura, had a cold, cold voice that made Aramatha feel like she was spending another bitter winter in Moscow... wait, when has she ever been to Russia? She shook it off and shuddered as Laura threatened to lock them all up, even more than they already were.

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 5:35 PM:
Dennis's heart beat once again, the relief of evading discovery flowing through him. But then just as quickly, his hear plummeted, as he realized that Richard would use this as blackmail. He wasn't sure whether to be thankful that Richard hadn't revealed him immediately, or be angry that Richard had even threatened him in the first place. The angry receptionist had left though, so Dennis relaxed and glanced at the man at the front desk to make sure he was engrossed in his paperwork. He kept sorting the files into alphabetical order, and was happy to note that he was almost finished with them. Dennis looked across the room, glaring at Richard whose head was turned towards the girl, waiting for a response to his question, and then examined the girl next to Richard. Why was she so timid? The Institute was scary alright, but isolating yourself without anyone to talk to was even worse. The loneliness got to you and soon, you believed that you were the only sane one, or the only real one, for some of the more psychologically troubled patients who couldn't truly be described as sane.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at 1:03 AM:
((What is wrong with Richard and Dennis??????????, they keep hating on each other......))

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at 1:22 AM:
(( they simply don't like each other. richard is narcissistic, so he naturally believes dennis is inferior to him, and dennis is kinda annoyed/angry that richard's being mean. ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 at 3:38 PM:
Richard was just finishing up his organizing when the receptionist came back in.

"Alright kids," she grouched, "the bell's about to ring, go ahead and clean up and head to class." She stormed quickly back into her room before any questions could be asked. Richard sighed and began to put the files back into place, not looking at Dennis. As he finished up, though, he smiled at Aramatha.

"Hope I can see you again sometime." Then he left.

::Day 1
8:58 AM
Exit to Math Class::

Cheung, Martin replied on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 at 7:55 PM:
Dennis finished up right after Richard, putting the last file in place and placing the stack on the front desk. The secretary paid no attention to them, and merely continued typing on his computer. He sullenly started out of the lobby. The encounter with Richard had dropped his mood considerably. "Bye," he said quietly, as he passed Aramatha. Dennis hesitated for a second, pausing midstep, and palmed the girl one of the mints, before walking on.

Day 1 - 8:59
[Exit to SS]

(( are we going by real dates, or are we starting on monday for the schedule? ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 12:07 AM:
((Starting on Monday. We can't go by real dates, we'd have to go far too fast to keep up with real time.))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Tuesday, April 19, 2011 at 12:51 AM:
Aramatha sat for a few moments there, staring at the mint. She shook her head in confusion, and watched the boys walk sullenly out. She dropped the mint, shuddered, then walked out, trudging all the way to her math class.

Back to top Go down
https://cgmbe.forumotion.com

Old Posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email :: Roleplay :: Massive Roleplays :: The Ivy Institute For Trouble Youth :: Front Desk-
Jump to: