The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 This is Reality (Kevin)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: This is Reality (Kevin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:41 pm

You walk up to the library, hesitant and unsure. Are you really supposed to be here? You walk up to the doors of the library just as a thin girl with large pigtails barrels out. She takes out her phone and melds into the shadows. You hear her lowly talking with someone, her eyes darting back and forth. She obviously wants to keep this conversation private. Sighing, you enter the library. The soft red carpet muffles your footsteps, and you're afraid to know who else could be hiding here. You feel the back of your neck prickle, but no one is behind you. Nervous and panicky, you back up and crash into a girl.
"Oof!" she squeals falling backwards. You're eyes widen. You know exactly who this is.
"Chichi?" you ask. The girl looks up at you in surprise.
"Yes?" she asks cautiously.
"Chichi, it's me, Kevin!"
Do you...?

A) ask her what she's doing here,
B) pretend you don't know her (even though you knew her name),
C) or try to get her to come with you?


Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, January 01, 2011 at 8:42 PM:
A. I would C but I have no idea where I would go and I don't even want to know.

I hold Katherine responsible for anything that happens in this RP. I am not evil. Really.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 1:02 AM:
Kevin:
"So, what are you doing here?" Chichi shrugs.
"I, um, woke up here. Oh! That's right! You wanna help us? I mean, remember Martin from school? Well I just met up with him here, too! It's like a class renunion! And this girl, Twiggy, she's been helping me out a lot. She's a bit weird, but she saved my life. Oh, and we seemed to have picked up a werewolf, too." You stare at the girl as she smiles. A werewolf? That's... odd. But you just nod, hoping Chichi won't realize that you have no idea who Martin is. You rack your brain, but the name is unfamiliar. You've heard of Twiggy though.
"So," the girl grins, "would you like to join our rag-tag group?"
Do you...?

A) join her
B) or not?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 1:19 AM:
join Kevin join!!!!! I'm the werewolf!!!!!


Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 4:44 AM:
Join, Kevin, join!


Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 9:10 PM:
Yeah I'll A, but This is weird.....


Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, January 02, 2011 at 11:31 PM:
It's funnn... it's better if you'd started at the first step.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 03, 2011 at 12:37 AM:
You might want to read everyone else's first, it'll give you a feel for the game. But skip the Uncle Max part for Stephen and Martin. It's violent.



Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, January 03, 2011 at 5:52 PM:
I'm not going to read the others and see how I go.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 03, 2011 at 9:44 PM:
Why? You're on a different course than them, you skipped the first part. Might as well learn what you're up against. And I KNOW they're reading yours.


Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 12:18 AM:
Yep!!!!! We all read each others!!!!!



Sholl, Kevin replied on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 1:03 PM:
Okay, maybe.


Sholl, Kevin replied on Tuesday, January 04, 2011 at 11:22 PM:
Chichi's is freaky


Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 at 1:56 AM:
Haha, hers is? XD


Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, January 05, 2011 at 2:04 AM:
Update this


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 10:45 PM:
Kevin:
"Of course!" you grin. Because of course it's not a bad idea to team up with a bunch of random strangers, one of whom is a werewolf! Not at all! Shaking your head to yourself, you follow Chichi as she leads you to Martin.
"Martin!" she yells, "remember Kevin?"
"...No..." he says, eyeing you oddly.
"Oh, well, he went to school with us." Chichi smiles widely. You stare at her, slightly weirded out. Why does she trust you so quickly?
The girl who was talking on her phone walks into the library.
"Chichi?" she calls, "where are ya? My friend says we can stay wit 'im instead of tryin to pay fer te hotel room." Then she sees you and freezes. Her eyes narrow hatefully. In a flash, you remember the data sheet on her and grab a heavy book, lunging towards her. She strikes out like a cobra, knocking you backwards. She slams the book into your head instead. While you lay there dazed and bleeing, she grabs Chichi's arm and pulls her out of the library.
Do you..?

A) attempt to chase after them,
B) stay put,
C) run off,
D) or ask Martin why Chichi was with Twiggy?



Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 11:00 PM:
B and D. By the way, how do I know she is called Twiggy?


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 11:03 PM:
Chichi already mentioned that she was with a girl named Twiggy, and now this girl knows her. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you're smart.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 5:12 PM:
Kevin:
You're about to ask why Chichi was helping Twiggy when Martin runs outside after them. You groan. So much for getting more information. Luckily, a minute later, Martin walks back in grumpily.
"Don't worry," he says, tying a piece of cloth around your head, "head wounds bleed a lot, but generally aren't that badly wounded."
"Greaaaaaaat," you groan. You're head hurts, but there's no way you can go to a doctor. You just hope that Martin's right, and it's not too badly hurt.
"Alright. So why did you attack Twiggy?"
"Why?!" you exclaim in fake surprise, "She's a criminal!"
"Oh really?"
"Yes! I was warned about her before I came here! She kidnaps kids and then sells them to pay for beer!" Close enough, anyway. You can smell the beer on her breath, you see how skinny she is, you know what she's been doing. And now she's got Twiggy and is bringing her to a friend? Martin has to believe you!
"Well, ok. I believe you. Maybe. But if you want my help, you have to help me first."
"Oh-k."
"Well, help me find some Wolfsbane, then." You and get up. You sway slightly, but force yourself to continue on.
"Oh!" a librarian exclaims, "you're hurt! Do you need help? I can go get some medical supplies, or call someone!"You shake your head and follow Martin outside.
"So, where do you start?"
"I was thinking we could buy it, maybe in a blackmarket?" You laugh before you can stop yourself.
"Do you really want to be involved in that? They'll want pay. What do you have to offer?"
"I'll think of something," Martin says, over-confident.
"Well, you better start thinking. And how will you know if what they give you is really Wolfsbane? And what about the werewolf? Are we just going to leave him... where? Where is he?"
"It's a long story."
"Well, start telling it, I guess."
-Not done-


Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 9:14 PM:
Are you going to finish it?
About middle you say:
..and now she's got Twiggy...
don't you mean Chichi?

Delete...
Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:30 PM:
... Dang it!

And I'll finish once Martin makes his choice. I kinda forgot about yours before, so you ended up skipping a turn.


Sholl, Kevin replied on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 12:37 AM:
I saw. It's Okay.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 6:15 PM:
Kevin:
You and Martin walk back to the apartment, stopping to steal cloths on the way. You see a very groggy boy sitting up and looking around.
"Who are you?" He asks. You roll your eyes.
"Here, put these on," you say, throwing the clothes him.
"I'm Martin," Martin says, "this is Kevin. We're here to help you become human again." You nod.
"We're not from here, either," you say, "and we're trying to get home." The boy stares at you.
"What?! Why?! I like being a werewolf!" Your mouth drops open. How ignorant of him.
"You've killed people!" you exclaim, "you have the potential to turn others into murderous beasts too! And you enjoy it?!"
"Well," the boy shrugs, "I would like to have a bit better control over the wolf form." You grit your teeth. What a nasty child.
"What's your name, anyway?" Martin questions.
"Stephen!" Stephen yells in annoyingly high pitched voice. You sigh.
"Anyway, we should be going. We need to find Wolfsbane. And Chichi is captured. But first Wolfsbane. And maybe get some more books," Martin says. You give him a weird look. Why is everyone here so odd?
One thing is clear. You need to find this city's Black Market.
Do you...?

A) decide to go ask around,
B) go into a back alleyway,
C) or try to ditch Stephen?


Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM:
B then A


Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 10:16 PM:
good, if you had picked C, then I would have eaten you.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 17, 2011 at 5:48 PM:
Kevin:
You cough slighty as thick haze and dust meets your eyes. You quickly walk through the entrance passage, breathing as shallowly as you can. You turn right and swerve to avoid knocking into a frantic old woman running out. The woman is dressed in rags and is holding a bag of fruit. A man is chasing after her, cursing at her and calling her a theif. When he catches up to her, he begins to beat her with a cane. You watch for a moment before entering the market, chosing not to notcie.
The market itself is large, a complicated maze of alleys and backways. The sights, sounds, and smells are overwhelming. While the city is exclusively grey with a few splotches of brown, the market is washed with dull colors. There are some wonderful rugs, blankets, and couches sitting in one corner, but they're horribly expensive. Almost everything that is affordable is run-down and broken. Shouts are heard as buyers in rags plead for lower prices and are refused. Only the sellers in rags seem to be open to bargaining, but all they have to sell is moldly loaves of bread and shattered mirrors. A mangy, flee-ridden dog runs out into the open to grab a chicken and is promptly shot. Only moments later, people are fighting over it for the meat.
Any merchant with an actual stall is finely dressed in vibrant greens and purples, selling actual food and clothings. A few even sell weapons and oddly colored powders. These are the sellers who refuse to lower their price beyond almost-possible-to-buy-if-you're-rich. It almost makes you wonder what the market is for at all. It doesn't look like any good deals are being made.
-Not done-


Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 8:49 PM:
Kevin:
As you're looking around, Stephen walks over to a large man with a brown beard. The man is selling many different swords and katanas. Stephen is staring at all the weapons as if trying to decide what to buy. You walk up behind him, feeling a bit nervous.
"What are you doing?" you hiss. Stephen just rolls his eyes.
"Getting weapons? Duuuuuuh."
After a minute, he clears his throat to get the merchant's attention and says rudely, "I'll take that one." He's reffering to a curved sword with an intricately decorated hilt. The merchant picks it up and lowers it towards Stephen. Right before he can grab it, the man snatches it back up away from him.
"And what will you pay me with, eh?" Your eyes widen. Stephen doesn't have any money! You don't know what he's going to do, and you're not sure you want to.
Do you...?

A) sneak away into the crowd,
B) stay with Stephen,
C) or wait to see what happens?


Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 12:49 AM:
A. but ready to grab a weapon against Stephen.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7:16 PM:
Kevin:
After glancing around to make sure no one is watching you, you back away into the large crowd of people. Then you begin to sort of sidestep people without drawing attention to yourself, trying to gain distance from Stephen. Suddenly, you feel something grab your arm. You turn around in panic and notice Martin. You sigh in relief.
"Can I come with you?" he asks. You nod, knowing that the bigger your group, the more likely you are to be safe. This world is deadly, and allies can't be wasted. Stephen, though was only going to drag you down. A moment later, you hear a cry ring up above the clammer.
"Stop! Theif!" You and Martin glance at each other. Then you both take off into the crowd. You're not running, per se, as you don't want to be mistaken for Stephen, but you are most definetly not walking. After a minute, you duck into one of the many alleyways and begin to sprint off. You end up lost after only a few turns, but finally make it to the street, panting and exhausted. You have no supplies, not money or food, and no plan.
"We retain no ties to Stephen, right?" you ask through your coughing. Martin nods.
"Good." After a moment, the two of you set off again.
Do you...?

A) try to find Twiggy,
B) look for a destroyed home for shelter,
C) look for human life,
D) or head back towards the forest?


Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 11:44 PM:
How about B., wait a day then go back to the black market to look for wolfsbane.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, February 06, 2011 at 2:41 PM:
Kevin:
You slowly wander the streets, looking for a place to stay. You're trying not to be picky, but almost nothing looks like it would provide even a little bit of shelter and protection. After all, you at least want a roof over your head, but it looks some kind of huge windstorm ripped through here. Most roofs are torn off, at the very least supporting giant holes. Windows are smashed in, and the occasinal panel of glass is yellowed with age and dirty. Experimentally, you enter a house. You try to flip on a light to no avail. There's no running water, either. There's no furniture or anything of value. The stairs are missing most of their wood. A few smashed pictures of a smiling family lay on the ground.You're beginning to realize that you can't handle sleeping in one of these houses. You can almost feel the ghosts breathing down your neck.

Silently, through some wordless agreement, you and Martin leave the house and begin to look for somewhere else to stay. As you walk, you notice something strange. It looks like it's been snowing here recently. Everything is covered in light white powder. The temperatures are pretty low, and you find yourselves shivering like crazy. Is that why no one is here? Are they all hiding from the harsh cold? As you walk on, the buildings are beginning to look worse and worse. The worst part, at least to you, is that you still can't find any sign off life.

Except when you can.

The first sign of life is a cat. You find it laying on its side, panting. You reach down to touch it, but Martin grabs your wrist stopping you.

"Wait," he says. He picks up a stick and uses that to roll the cat over. The cat hisses like crazy, spitting and struggling to get up. It cannot, and now you see why. A good part of its stomach is gone. You can see the flesh, the muscle, and, in one place, a bit of stomach. Maggots are crawling out, crawling in, hatching in the skin. A putrid odour hits you so strong you don't know how you missed it before. Terrified, you back up, dropping the stick. You wish you could give the poor thing a mercy kill, but you just can't go near it again.

The next sing of life is even more frightening. At least now, you finally know what happened. Before, you had somehow managed to ignore the oddly shaped dirt patterns on the side of buldings. Quite an acomplishment, considering the human brain's tendancy to look for patterns and claim things look like a human. But you can ignore it no longer. The shape on the side of that wall is a human. It's like a photograph, as if some strong light burned in the image in some final act to preserve the family who once lived there...

You're witnessing a nuclear winter.



Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 9:56 PM:
Creapy. How'd I get here?


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 10:59 PM:
*creepy

Dang. What happened to emailing me with questions?

Well, you traveled here through the mirror like everyone else.


Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 10:39 PM:
What questions?


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 12:22 AM:
If you have questions, email them to me. Don't just post them here.



Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 12:37 PM:
Okay. Thanks.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 5:54 PM:
After a while longer of wandering, you find an old, abandoned junk yard. You being wandering around, looking for anything that might help shelter you. Nothing. There's not even a trace of food, not even rotting flesh. The people here must be starving to death...

But either way, there is nothing of use to you. Only broken glass, rotted boards, and a few old moth eaten dresses in the heaps and heaps of human waste and old soda can bottles. In frustration, you lash out, kicking an old barrel lying on the ground. To your surprise, the roof of it opens like a door, showing a long, dark hallway.
Do you...?

A) go down,
B) wait on Martin to decide,
C) or leave it and go somewhere else?


Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 11:19 PM:
A
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:39 pm

You and Martin both walk silently. Somewhere down the tunnel, water is dripping through a crack. Drip. Drip. Drip. You wonder for a moment how well insulated this place is, but hey. Shelter is shelter, and you're grateful for it.

Slowly the tunnel begins to get lighter. The light is slightly green, casting eerie shadows on the wall. The tunnel begins to widen until it is a long hallway with green lanterns settled high up on the walls. The floor and walls are all green, and it's impossible to tell if they are actually green or if it is just an illusion of the light. After what seems like forever, you reach a big green door.
Do you…?

A. try to open it,
B. knock,
C. or wait for Martin to react?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Stonewing130

avatar

Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow ...

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm

(( If you post an updated version of Kevin's choices I can send them to him. ))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:54 pm

You stare at the door curiously. What is behind it? Where does it lead? You hope it's a nice place where you and Martin can spend the night, but what if there is an enemy behind the door...? Martin, apparently, has not realized this possibility, because he reaches out and knocks for you. The door releases a low, hollow sound, and, after a moment, you hear footsteps on the other side. A strange looking girl opens it and eyes you.

"What do you want?!" she demands. You raise an eyebrow at her rudness, but decide to attempt civility.

"Well, a place to stay might be nice. We got separated from our group earlier, and…”

You find yourself interrupted by a female voice, shouting, “Kevin! Martin!” You stare at for before realizing that it's Chichi. And that if Chichi is here, so is...

“Er, Twiggy…?” Chichi calls out nervously.

“Mm?” Twiggy responds around the power bar she’s shoved in her mouth. Then she notices you.

“Aw, fuck, not you again!” Her gun is out in a moment. Chichi pulls Martin in to safety, leaving you alone in the line of fire. You glare hatefully at the people in front of you.

“Will you just let me explain?!” you demand. Maybe if they heard your story, they wouldn't be so harsh...? But before you can talk, Chichi speaks up.

"Look," she says, "I know his track record isn't exactly so clean... but Twiggy, he did help Martin. And he seemed nice. And well, you yourself said he was only helping Max because he probably had to..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" the strange girl cuts in, "this kid was working with Max?!" She glares daggers at you. You begin to feel a bit panicked. Yes, Chichi is standing up for you, thank God. But this girl... and you know Twiggy is against you... You start to feel mildly sick. You can't side with the Resistance because they can't trust you, and you couldn't try to betray Max anyway. But if you continue to work with Max, the Resistance will kill you... and even if they don't, the moment you stop being useful, he will...

"Max...? Martin asks, and you realize he has no idea what is going on.

"I'm lost," he says sheepishly, "someone tell me what's going on? And, honestly, do you have any food? I'm kind of starving..."

"How do we know you don't work with Max, too?!" the girl demands.

"He didn't even know who Max was!" Chichi yells. You grit your teeth at the infuriating squable before realizing that Twiggy's attention has turned to the petty argument.
Do you...?

a. try to run,
b. try to fight them,
c. explain yourself and beg for help,
d. or offer information on Max in return for protection?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:42 am

Kevin: C

"Will you people just listen to me?!" you roar. Everyone freezes and stares at you. You take a deep breath and try again.

"Look. Yes, I sided with Max. But I never had a choice about it! I came here just like the rest of you did, from Earth. And I was lost, and I was alone, and I had no money, no items, no hope of survival. Max came up to me and told me that if I agreed to help him, he would save me. Of course I said yes! So he gave me a place to stay, clean clothes, and some money for food and told me he would come get me when he needed me. And then he did come. He told me that three more people had entered the city, people like me. He said that they would be with a young woman. He said she went by Twiggy, and that she was going to try to kidnap them and sell them! Of course I tried to get them away from her! What the hell else was I supposed to do?!" You wind down, staring at the others desperetely.

"So," you conclude, "you all keep going on about how evil Max is, but I've seen no proof. All I know is that... is that... I didn't do anything wrong!"

"Max attacked me," Martin says bluntly, "when I was in the forest, he forced me to go home with him. Then I blacked out. That's why my clothes were all torn!"

You try to think of a response, but the boy wanders off before you can offer an answer. After a moment, Chichi follows him. You internally curse. You just lost both allies! But then, after a glance around, you realize that Twiggy seems to have disapeared... leaving you alone with the other girl.

"Look, kid," she sighs, "I still don't trust you, and I sure as heck don't like you. But... well, I guess first thing's first. Let's make sure you're safe. Max won't follow you here, will he? He can't track you? You're not bound to obey him, or something?" The Max runs in.

"Oh fucking-... Dude, I was just starting to fix things," the girl whines.
Do you...?

A. answer her questions,
B. run,
C. follow Chichi and Martin,
D. or apoligize?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:39 pm

You begin to apoligize, but the girl darts off before you can answer her. You stand there for a moment before glancing wearily at Charles, who've you been left with. You edge backwards, hoping you could get away in time should something happen. Thankfully (or perhaps not), Twiggy re-enters the room a moment later. She grins at Charles and nods in your direction.

A moment later, Stephen runs through the room and darts off. You stare at his back, wondering belatedly what the hell is even going on here.

"Kid's lookin fer food," Twiggy shrugs, answering the unspoken questions, "Anyway. What are we gonna do wit tis one?"

Charles sighs and rubs his temples wearily; "Do we really have a choice? Twiggy, we need to make sure that he can't harm us. Maybe test him for magical residue?" Twiggy nods and grabs arm cheerfully.

"Well? Come one!" She drags you into the maze of dull grey hallways.
Do you...?

A. Try to run,
B. allow her to lead you,
C. or ask questions about the events?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Kevin)   

Back to top Go down
 
This is Reality (Kevin)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Surviving Antarctica Reality TV 2083 by Andrea White

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email :: Roleplay :: Massive Roleplays :: This is Reality-
Jump to: