The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 This is Reality (Martin)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm

You wake up in a dark room. You think it's your room. It's your room, right? But it's not. Something's off. Something miniscule, almost unoticable, but something is wrong. This is not your room. Slowly, carefully, you get up. You look around. Here's your bed, dull and hard and nailed to the floor. Here's the walls, white-washed and dirty. Here's the window, high and small. Here's the heavy iron door. Here's the security camera. The old clock. Here's the... no. It's gone. You stare in amazement. The old rusted chair is gone. In it's place lies a small mirror on the ground. You stare, puzzled. It's an odd mirror. Grimy and rimmed with gold. It looks like something is in enscribed around the edge. What does it say? 'The dead go under ground,' someone whispers. You nod, thanking them. You pick up the mirror, looking closely. You're not surprised in the slightest to see not you reflected in it's depths, but a demon, a smiling, bloody demon. It must be that Lilium has taken over again. That's all. But your room through the mirror looks quite different. In fact, it's not even a room! It's a forest, a dark, shadow filled forest. You glance back to your room only to find yourself outside, in the exact scene pictured in the mirror.
To your right is a path. To your left a cliff. You can hear a waterfall somewhere ahead of you. Behind you is a cave. Do you...?

A) follow the path,
B) try to scale the cliff,
C) walk forward, towards the waterfall,
D) enter the cave,
E) break down in tears,
F) check your pockets for your medicine,
G) or refuse to do anything at all.


Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, December 22, 2010 at 11:50 PM:
hehehe.....


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM:
Go away, Stephen! You have your own!


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:55 AM:
Follow the path. If there's a path, there's civilization. If there's not civilization and there are hungry cannibals, oh well, I'll become a cannibal and eat THEM. yum! XP (and/or become their leader and rule the tribe to conquer the rest of the world, blah, blah, etc, etc.)


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:56 AM:
Martin:
You veer off sideways onto a small path. It's hard to move forward. The path is overgrown with prickly weeds and vines, and is often invisible. More often than not, you have to avoid a large tree grown in the middle of the dirt pathway, and you're quite soon lost. You trudge forward, not sure what else you can do. Then you stop. You could have sworn that you just heard a twig snap behind you. Skin prickling as if someone is staring at the back of your neck, you turn around. Nothing. But if you looked down, you might notice wolf tracks. Suddenly, all you want to do is escape.
Do you...?

A) begin running wildly without direction,
B) ignore instinct and continue on slowly,
C) ask if anyone is there,
D) or go back the way you came?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 12:57 AM:
Hey, this is just before I am!!!!!! :-)


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:01 AM:
a) hopefully instinct will guide me correctly



Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:10 AM:
Martin:
Scared and confused, you race off into the woods. You hear branches ripping behind you, but you don't look back. You need to get out of here, you need to GET OUT! You run and run until it hurts to breathe, but you don't slow down. Not until you've reached a clearing filled with wild flowers. Wheezing, you crouch down near a rock, hidden from a good part of the world. You lean back, exhausted. After a minute, you look around to see where you are. Then you hear what sounds like footsteps again and you duck back behind the rock. When you peer out, you see that a man has stepped out into the clearing. You notice that he's only wearing torn up brown pants. His skin is sun-burnt and smudged with dirt. He has tangled brown hair and black eyes. For some reason, the sight of him fills you with fear.
Do you...?

A) keep hiding until he leaves,
B) try to attract his attention,
C) or simply stand up and see if he notices you?


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:11 AM:
c) he'll probably find me eventually, so i might as well stop prolonging the inevitable.


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:17 AM:
hmmmmm............ it's somewhat like where I'm at I guess.......


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:17 AM:
I thought you had to get off?!

Martin:
You stand up. You try to keep your breathing shallow and quiet, but the man turns around to face you almost immediately. For a good minute, he just stares at you.
"Um... hi," you say, noting how hoarse your voice sounds. The man continues to stare at you, saying nothing. His gaze is intense, piercing through you. Still, he says nothing. Even when you break eye contact, he still stares. It's been a minute. And he's still staring. You automatically take a step back. His lips curl up slightly, and you notice that his teeth are horribly sharp.
Do you...?

A) try to run off again,
B) make an excuse and leave him,
C) try to talk to him,
D) or offer him the mirror?


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:19 AM:
get off email i mean.

c) try to talk to him


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:21 AM:
Martin, you're copying me now..... I just know it...... you chose the same thing!!!!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:21 AM:
Oh, ok.

Martin:
You wet your lips.
"So... it's a bit cold out, isn't it?" The man makes a guttural sound that you can only assume is laughter. Encouraged, you continue on.
"It's weird," you say, "I didn't mean to come here, you know? I just... sort of found my self in the middle of nowhere, far away from all civilization without warning. It's a bit disorientating." You smile brightly. To your relief, the man seems to understand.
"Come with me," he says, and sets off into the woods. You're about to follow when you hesitate. You could have sworn that you saw a flash of red on his pants. Maybe it was paint?
Do you...?

A) sneak off on your own,
B) tell him that you're perfectly fine talking here,
C) pretend that you need to wait for your friend,
D) follow him,
E) or tell him you need to leave a note for your friend so they'll know where you went?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:23 AM:
answer mine Katherine!!!!!


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:36 AM:
d) follow him - it's not as if i've got anything better to do


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:38 AM:
You follow the man deep into the woods.
"So," you ask, "who are you?" The man laughs again.
"What," he sneers, "you can't even remember your Uncle Max?" For some reason, this sends a small shiver of unease through you. Uncle Max. You can't remember him, well, at all, so why...?
Uncle Max walks on and you follow until you reach a small hut. He gestures for you to go inside. Nervous but trying not to show it, you do.
And
it
.
all
.
.
goes
.
.
.
black.

*
**
***
****
*****
******
*****
****
***
**
*

You open your eyes and then close them again. It's too bright. You're head is throbbing with dull pain. You're lips and dry and cracked. You're eyes ache. You're throat is sore. And every muscle in your body is screaming. You open your eyes again, slowly this time. You stand up, gripping a table with your right hand for support. You look around in confusion. The whole house is deserted. No one is home. Uncle Max (you wince at the name) is nowhere to be found. Finally, feeling scared, you look down at yourself.
And you're mouth opens to scream, but you're throat can only manage a pained squeak.
You're bloody, soaked in red. You're pants are torn, your shirt missing. You're left arm is bent an odd angle and feels numb. There are scratches and bruises covering your chest. Your pack is stolen. Your heart sinks as you realize that the mirror, your last hope of getting home, is gone. Then you notice a scrap of white paper. A note! Vision blurring, you have to stare for a minute to make out the writing, and even then you can hardly believe it.
It says:
YOU LOSE.


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:42 AM:
wow. i peeked at stephen's ( XD ) and i was like, "oh, so this is what happens ..."
so do i still get to do stuff? or do i start over at the beginning?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:44 AM:
I knew you were copying Martin!!!!! I knew!!!!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:44 AM:
Well, if you want to continue on, I have to warn you now. It gets incredibly dark. You will probably lose your sanity. If you chose to make me come up with more paths for you to take, you have to swear not to hate me or think I'm insane, k?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:46 AM:
OK..... I just want to continue on mine.....


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:47 AM:
no, actually i wasn't. i looked after i followed him cause i had a DARK FEELING. i was right.


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM:
can't i just choose a) from the last one instead? [whines]


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:48 AM:
You all would die in real life. *rolls eyes*

Martin? Do you agree to keep playing?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:49 AM:
he's a werewolf....... it won't work.....


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:50 AM:
sure. so begins my journey into insanity. actually, i would've chosen to hide, when i saw him, but i was bored. would you have made him find me? cause that's what i thought you would. and then it'd probably be even worse. hence my stupidity to stand up.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:52 AM:
Well, he would have found you and you'd still be robbed and have your arm broken, but not... so badly beaten? What rating does this game have to be? And I am allowed to kill you off or kill your allies? How bloody am I allowed to make this?

Never show this to your parents, they'll think I'm an asylum escapee. ><


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:57 AM:
I wouldn't be too suprised myself.......... To Martin: Sent from my iPoo!!!!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 1:59 AM:
.... ?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 2:01 AM:
Inside joke.....


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 2:02 AM:
Not that, what are you not too surprised about? AND WHAT RATING CAN I MAKE THIS?!?!?!?!


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 2:06 AM:
Oh, that you're an asyllum escapee.......... Keep it under R...... That means no X.......... PG-13


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 2:07 AM:
Ok. PG-13. I can manage that, seeing as I'm not even allowed to watch R rated movies. XD


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 4:31 PM:
okay, if you are rated pg-13, then saw (which i have not seen, but heard gruesome stories about) would be rated g.


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 4:32 PM:
i tear up the paper in anger (evil uncle max! >.< ) then go find a phone and call 911 to get medical help so i don't bleed to death. and make myself a bandage out of a shirt or something.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 4:44 PM:
Hehe... um... I have a.... disturbing....mind, alright? Besides, I'll try to tone it down. Or at least not personalize it and include your fears, name, and facts. >Smile

Nope! There is no phone, here are the choices:

Horrified, you tear up the piece of paper into tiny shreds. You feel darkness settling on your mind as it tries to escape into oblivian again, but you fight it. After a minute, you manage to fully surface. You know that you need to get out of here just in case Uncle Max decides to come back and finish you off. You quickly check the cabnets for food. At first, you're dissapointed. Finally, you find a few apples, a wheel of cheese, and a loaf of bread, along with a container you can use to hold water. You stuff these in an old bag and pick up a sharp kitchen knife that had fallen behind a bookcase. Scavanging done, you run back off into the woods. After a while, you reach a shallow stream.
Do you...?

A) fill your container with water,
B) follow the stream,
C) look for a way to cross over it,
D) or decide to spend the night here?


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM:
a) then c)



Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 8:48 PM:
and wash myself and walk along inside the stream so he can't follow my scent.


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 8:49 PM:
walk inside it for half an hour. then get out.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 23, 2010 at 9:47 PM:
Haha, you cheated and looked at Stephen's. XD

Martin:
You quickly get as much water as you can into your container. Then you cross the stream. Realizing that Uncle Max might try to follow you, you decide to bathe first. Then you walk inside the stream for a mile. Positive that you're now safe, and a bit weary of the growing current, you get out of the stream and begin walking towards what you hope is the end of the forest. After a while, you reach a large cliff.
Do you...?

A) try to climb it,
B) look for a path up,
C) try to walk around it,
D) or re-enter the woods?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM:
he's back to that first cliff?????


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 12:48 AM:
Yeap, but at a different part of it. It's pretty large.


Zhu, Chichi replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 2:36 AM:
HAHAHA... when I saw "the man" I was like "OH FIB!"

This was quite amusing to read.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 5:34 PM:
Amusing? You either have a horrible sense of humor or, like me, are laughing at Stephen's reaction.

Guess what? Now Stephen's a werewolf too! He even 'ate' a little girl!
I can't tell if he likes this new development or not, though. I can't wait till the full moon!

Oh well. See? You know about Uncle Max now, so stop scaring poor Twiggy! D:


Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 5:38 PM:
That was me!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I thought that was Uncle Max.......... (dejection..........)
I knew that I was a werewolf, but really.....


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM:
Are you serious? Yes, that was you.


Zhu, Chichi replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 6:20 PM:
Very Happy So the characters have met up!!! and yes, I'm done interrogating Twiggy.


Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, December 24, 2010 at 11:21 PM:
walk around it. i'm too lazy to climb.
wait, what characters have met up?
haha, stephen the pink scarf peter rabbit werewolf!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, December 25, 2010 at 2:14 AM:
Martin:
You set off on what's sure to be a long, treacherous journey. You walk for days on end. Lucikly, after a while, you do meet up with another small stream and are able to obtain more water. After a while, you come to the outskirts of a small city.
Do you...?

A) enter the city,
B) keep walking along the cliff,
C) or randomly pick a direction and walk?

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, December 26, 2010 at 12:23 AM:
enter the city. and look for a library. i LOVE libraries. Cool
once there, grab a ton of books about survival in the wilderness, others that apply to my situation, miscellaneous favorites, and whatever else i think i'll need. put them in whatever bag i have. if i don't have one, i'll look for one/ask a helpful stranger.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM:
You can't. I need you to go ally yourself with Chichi and Stephen instead, m'kay?

Martin:
As you're entering the city, you notice two girls dropping off horses in the woods. Then they begin to argue about something. One of them glances at you, but her friend is already pulling her away. A howl rings out, and they both seem to freeze. The one who saw you begins to run, but her friend just tries to pull her into the city again. You're starting to really worry about what might happen to them, especially since the girl who saw you looks oddly familiar. You're about to go talk to them when a big wolf jumps down in front of them. You start to run, intent on getting away, until you hear the girl begging for help.
Do you...?

A) go help,
B) or be a heartless b*stard and leave two poor little defenseless girls to their death?

Haha, yeah, there's no choice there. Now go help out Chichi and Stephen and Twiggy! : D


Zhu, Chichi replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM:
Help!


Zhu, Chichi replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:24 AM:
HELP, boy, HELP!!!!!!!!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 4:30 AM:
MARTIN, GET ON HERE ALREADY!!!!! *whining*
Seriously, did you die or something. If so, why wasn't I informed?


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 8:16 PM:
do i even have a weapon? [sigh] can i pretend to be a vampire and threaten to bite stephen/the weirdo werewolf? if not, i poke it and watch it run away, because EVERYONE knows werewolves HATE to be poked. if not, just watch and make it into a movie which i sell and make millions from.


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 8:24 PM:
and then go to the library. with OR without them. i don't really care. i WANT BOOKS!!!
!!! >.< !!! [shrieks] !!! NOW !!! [shrieks] !!! >.< !!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 9:10 PM:
Martin:
Eyes widening in shock, you run over to help them out.
Terrified, you yell the first thing that comes to mind, "Be gone, werewolf! Shoo! I'm a vampire. I'll bite you!" You inwardly groan at how stupid you sound, but stand firm. The werewolf growls and comes closer to you, yellow eyes narrowed. You gulp, and can't help but notice the girls backing away. You're sure you will die, when suddenly, the thin friend shouts something, an end to her chanting. The were howls in pain. It seems to be shrinking, bones reversing, muzzle becoming a mouth. Within a minute, a boy with blond hair lays before you, out cold.
The friend leans over him in for a minute before yelling out, "anyone got any spare clothes? Dumb f*cker's naked!"
Do you...?

A) run away as fast as you can,
B) ask the girls to come to the library with you,
C) stay and help the werewolf,
D) or bring the werewolf to a hotel and then go to a library with the girls?


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, December 28, 2010 at 11:08 PM:
b) and bring the werewolf too. at the library we can also research his odd werewolf affliction and either cure him if we can and if he wants it, or find a way to kill him effectively. or if he doesn't want anything to do with us, we'll cure him anyways, so he can't maul anyone else. or he could just help us with whatever we need to do, which is what exactly? i shall interrogate the girls ... and on the way, we'll find some clothes too. do i have a coat i can cover him with?

and i also say ... "really now! i mean, it's not as if i can see that!"



Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM:
Do you plan to drag him to the library? While he's naked? That might not go down well, unless said library is in the bad part of town.

You know, you can just go ahead and call the werewolf Stephen and the girls Chichi and Twiggy.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 12:39 AM:
As for a coat, no. You only have the torn shirt and pants, remember?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, December 29, 2010 at 2:21 AM:
Martin!!!!!! You drag me there naked and you better watch out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Zhu, Chichi replied on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 12:37 AM:
Thanks, Martin. Smile


Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, December 30, 2010 at 3:21 AM:
Well, Chichi chose to drop him off at the hotel, so too bad,

Martin:
You and the girls, who tell you their names are Chichi and Twiggy, drag the werewolf back to the hotel room he had apparently rented out earlier, if the manager recognizing him was any reference. Then, you dump him onto the bed and quickly scrawl a note telling him where you're going and to wait for you. Then you all go to the library. While Chichi logs onto a computer, you run around like crazy, grabbing all the books on werewolves you can. You dump them onto a desk and pick one at random, beginning to mull over it. Unfortanutly, it seems quite fictional. In frustration, you shove the book to the side and pick up another. Fiction. You could scream in frustration, but this is a library, so you suck it up and try another.

*not done yet*


Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, December 31, 2010 at 4:06 AM:
perhaps the librarians are part of a secret society ... and they know about what we need to know about ... which is ... what? ... super-librarians ... hmmm ... [ponders] [mulls over possibilities] ... i think it could work!



Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, December 31, 2010 at 5:56 PM:
Er.... wow. I guess that's better than Chichi suggested a monster comes in. *sighs*
She wants to tell you the plan, but considering there ISN'T a plan...


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, January 07, 2011 at 10:51 PM:
Martin:
You're starting to get tired. Book after book and still no information. All you know is that wolfsbane is needed to stop the werewolf transformation. Depending on the situation, it can kill the werewolf, transform it perminantly into a human, or allow the human half to gain control. But how can you get wolfsbane?
"Martin!" someone yells, "remember Kevin?" You look up to see Chichi dragging a short boy to you. She's grinning like a maniac.
"...No..." you says, eyeing Kevin. He looks oddly nervous and not at all familiar.
"Oh, well, he went to school with us." Chichi smiles widely. You look back at Kevin. Why does she trust him? He looks evil to you. Then you remember how she trusted you, too, and the werewolf. Maybe it's a good thing that she doesn't leave helpless boys on the streets to die...
Twiggy walks into the library.
"Chichi?" she calls, "where are ya? My friend says we can stay wit 'im instead of tryin to pay fer te hotel room." Then she sees Kevin and freezes. Her eyes narrow hatefully. Suddenly Kevin begins running towards her. She strikes out like a cobra, knocking him backwards. She slams the book onto Kevin's head, and then she grabs Chichi's arm and pulls her out of the library.
Do you..?

A) follow them,
B) call for help,
C) attack Kevin,
D) or try to help him?


Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, January 08, 2011 at 1:32 AM:
follow them and demand why she just gave kevin a concussion. and go to some market or something to buy wolfsbane. or some illegal trade in wolfsbane? or some witch who will help me. i'll ask around too and tell twiggy and chichi about what i'm doing so they can help.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, January 09, 2011 at 12:36 AM:
Martin:
You run outside and look around desperately for Chichi and Twiggy. You see them turning a corner and sprint after them. Unfortanutly, Twiggy knows the city much better than you do, and you've soon lost them. It's only through pure luck that you manage to find your back to the library.
Do you...?

A) go help Kevin,
B) go interogate Kevin,
C) go get Stephen,
D) or wander off on your own?



Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:29 AM:
help kevin, but interrogate him as i do so.


Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:30 AM:
and if he knows nothing, i'll go wander and look around for wolfsbane (see above postings)


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 12:44 AM:
Martin:
You grab a random piece of cloth and tie it around Kevin's head to stop the bleeding.
"Don't worry," you nod, "head wounds bleed a lot, but generally aren't that badly wounded. Even if it starts swelling, you're probably fine."
"Greaaaaaaaat," Kevin grimaces. You glare at him.
"Alright. So why did you attack Twiggy?!" He stares at you.
"Why?! She's a criminal!!!!!!" Kevin insists. You intesify your glare.
"Oh really?"
"Yes! I was warned about her before I came here. She kidnaps kids and then sells them to pay for beer!" You bite your lip. What do you really know about Twiggy, after all? But you can't give in so soon.
"Who told you that?"
"I don't know! Just some man! But she ran off with Chichi, didn't she?! And she never stopped to make sure you were going to be ok, either! I bet it's cause boys don't sell as well."
Do you...?

A) ask Kevin to help you find Wolfsbane,
B) go searching for it on your own,
C) go rescue Chichi from Twiggy on your own,
D) ask Kevin to help you help Chichi,
E) or wander off alone to try and go home?


Johnston, Stephen replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 2:16 AM:
.......... beer.......... (giggles.....)..........

Make one for ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make Twiggy get me or something, anything (not literally.....)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 2:31 AM:
Well, it wasn't originally beer, but... I can't write about some things on here, if you know what I mean.

But she wouldn't come for you. She doesn't know you, and doesn't care about you.


Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 3:40 AM:
A) with what i said before


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 4:54 PM:
Martin:
"Well, ok. I believe you. Maybe. But if you want my help, you have to help me first."
"Oh-k."
"Well, help me find some Wolfsbane, then." Kevin nods and you both get up and walk towards the door. Kevin seems a little woozy, but otherwise fine.
"Oh!" a librarian exclaims, "you're hurt! Do you need help? I can go get some medical supplies, or call someone!" Kevin shakes his head and the two of you go outside.
"So, where do you start?"
"I was thinking we could buy it, maybe in a blackmarket?" Kevin snorts.
"Do you really want to be involved in that? They'll want pay. What do you have to offer?"
You shake your head, saying, "I'll think of something."
"Well, you better start thinking. And how will you know if what they give you is really Wolfsbane? And what about the werewolf? Are we just going to leave him... where? Where is he?" You sigh.
"It's a long story."
"Well, start telling it, I guess."
Do you...?

A) go back for Stephen,
B) ask around for Wolfsbane,
C) go look for Wolfsbane on a mountain,
D) or decide only Twiggy really knows what to do?



Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 10:20 PM:
go back for stephen. and then i'll drag him along to look for wolfsbane. but not on the mountain. or is there a reason why you put that? hmmmm ... nope. don't like mountains. reminds me of whats-his-face who stabbed me or whatever and is really creepy.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 10, 2011 at 11:28 PM:
You mean Uncle Max?
So you go back for Stephen and then look in the Black Market?


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, January 11, 2011 at 12:11 AM:
no, the other guy. of course uncle max! he fits everything! he's CREEPY!!! so yeah ...

yep. is something shocking going to happen? he isn't there? he's rabid when i arrive?



Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, January 12, 2011 at 6:26 PM:
Martin:
You and Kevin walk back to the apartment, stopping to steal cloths on the way. You see a very groggy boy sitting up and looking around.
"Who are you?" He asks. His voice is oddly high pitched.
"Here, put these on," Kevin says, throwing the stolen clothes him.
"I'm Martin," you say cheerfully, "this is Kevin. We're here to help you become human again."
"We're not from here, either," Kevin says, "and we're trying to get home."
"What?! Why?! I like being a werewolf!" The exclaims. You roll your eyes. Talk about power hungry!
"You've killed people!" Kevin exclaims, his pitch rising frantically "you have the potential to turn others into murderous beasts too! And you enjoy it?!"
"Well," the boy shrugs, "I would like to have a bit better control over the wolf form." Yeap. Power hungry.
"What's your name, anyway?" you ask.
"Stephen!" the boy yells loudly. You wince.
"Anyway, we should be going. We need to find Wolfsbane. And Chichi is captured. But first Wolfsbane. And maybe get some more books," you say. Books! Oh how you miss them. If you were at home, you'd be reading right now. Poor books. All alone... Actually, this is quite like a book. How wonderful! As long as you don't die...

-Not done-


Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 1:37 AM:
yay! books! XD actually i'm reading one right now ... yep, stephen's definitely power hungry.


Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, January 13, 2011 at 9:43 PM:
BAh! I have my reasons.


Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, January 21, 2011 at 4:28 AM:
... you gonna finish?



Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 12:46 AM:
I will when I can. I'm waiting on Stephen to answer his so I know what you all are doing next. If you want it updated, bug him. >.<


Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, January 22, 2011 at 10:53 PM:
okay! XD



Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 8:56 PM:
Martin:
As you're looking around in awe, Stephen walks over to a large man with a brown beard. The man is selling many different swords and katanas. Stephen is staring at all the weapons as if trying to decide what to buy. You follow Kevin over to Stephen, distracted by all the sights the market has to offer, just barely listening to the conversation between the other two boys.
"What are you doing?" Kevin hisses. Stephen rolls his eyes in an exaggerated fashion.
"Getting weapons? Duuuuuuh."
After a minute, he clears his throat to get the merchant's attention, proclaiming rudely, "I'll take that one." He's referring to a curved sword with an pretty decorated hilt. The merchant picks it up and lowers it towards Stephen. Right before he can grab it, the man snatches it back up away from him.
"And what will you pay me with, eh?" Suddenly, you remember that Stephen doesn't have any money. What will the merchant do?
Do you...?

A) sneak away into the crowd,
B) stay with Stephen,
C) or wait to see what Kevin does?


Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 9:46 PM:
grab kevin and sneak away into the crowd to find some wolfsbane. stephen'll probably get into a fight and get thrown in jail, which i don't want to happen to me if i'm associated with him. once i find the wolfsbane, i'll go to him in jail and give him it. it's probably better for him to be locked up until we can cure him.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 10:34 PM:
Um, you need to wait for Kevin to agree to that...



Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, January 29, 2011 at 10:44 PM:
aww ... can i email him to ask him? cause he can't access the forum currently.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 12:36 AM:
Oh. Sure, but you'll have to keep emailing to get him to agree on a lot of things...


Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:12 AM:
he can't been respond to anything right now though, cause he's out skiing with the bsa. where's chichi? she hasn't been responding either. actually, can i just abandon them both?


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM:
Hehe, sure!


Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, January 31, 2011 at 7:26 PM:
Martin:
You're trying to decide what to do when you see Kevin backing away into the crowd. After a moment's hesitation, you follow him. He seems to be setting his pace well. He doesn't look like a poor beggar boy, which is good. People would be suspicious if he was walking too fast. Still, he was gaining some distance, and it couldn't be long before Stephen noticed that you were both gone.
Kevin is a fast walker, and you're afraid you're going to lose him in the crowd. You reach out and grab his arm to gain his attention. He starts, turning around in panic.
"Can I come with you?" you ask. He nods, relaxing slightly. You smile in relief. Then you hear someone shouting.
"Stop! Thief!" You and Kevin glance at each other. Then you both take off into the crowd. You don't run, but you walk pretty dang fast. Luckily, most people are either going to stop the thief or paying no one any attention to anyone at all. After a minute, you duck into one of the many alleyways and begin to sprint off. You end up lost after only a few turns, but finally make it to the street, panting and exhausted. You have no supplies, not money or food, and no plan.
"We retain no ties to Stephen, right?" Kevin asks, coughing from lack of breath. You hesitate for a moment. Maybe you should help him? But right now, you need to worry about keeping yourself alive. You nod.
"Good." After a moment, the two of you set off again.
-not done-


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, February 01, 2011 at 3:17 AM:
i thought i was gonna get the wolfsbane though! and i was the one who was gonna grab kevin ...


Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 at 2:25 AM:
I changed my mind. Cause Stephen needs to ally with Twiggy and Chichi, in which case she's gonna help him.


Cheung, Martin replied on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 at 3:04 AM:
but i don't wanna abandon him! i wanna give him the wolfsbane, so he'll be forever indebted to me XD


Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, February 02, 2011 at 9:54 PM:
... O.o

Maybe you can go back and help later, then.


Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, February 03, 2011 at 11:45 PM:
HA! without reading this, I solved the problem.


Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 12:30 AM:
Problem?


Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, February 06, 2011 at 2:48 PM:
Martin:
You slowly wander the streets, looking for a place to stay. You're trying not to be picky, but almost nothing looks like it would provide even a little bit of shelter and protection. After all, you at least want a roof over your head, but it looks some kind of huge windstorm ripped through here. Most roofs are torn off, at the very least supporting giant holes. Windows are smashed in, and the occasinal panel of glass is yellowed with age and dirty. Experimentally, you enter a house. You try to flip on a light to no avail. There's no running water, either. There's no furniture or anything of value. The stairs are missing most of their wood. A few smashed pictures of a smiling family lay on the ground.You're beginning to realize that you can't handle sleeping in one of these houses. You can almost feel the ghosts breathing down your neck.

Silently, through some wordless agreement, you and Kevin leave the house and begin to look for somewhere else to stay. As you walk, you notice something strange. It looks like it's been snowing here recently. Everything is covered in light white powder. The temperatures are pretty low, and you find yourselves shivering like crazy. Is that why no one is here? Are they all hiding from the harsh cold? As you walk on, the buildings are beginning to look worse and worse. The worst part, at least to you, is that you still can't find any sign off life.

Except when you can.

The first sign of life is a cat. You find it laying on its side, panting. Kevin reaches down to touch it to touch it, but you grab his wrist, stopping him.

"Wait," you say. You pick up a stick and use that to roll the cat over. The cat hisses like crazy, spitting and struggling to get up. It cannot, and now you see why. A good part of its stomach is gone. You can see the flesh, the muscle, and, in one place, a bit of stomach. Maggots are crawling out, crawling in, hatching in the skin. A putrid odour hits you so strong you don't know how you missed it before. Terrified, you back up, dropping the stick. You wish you could give the poor thing a mercy kill, but you just can't go near it again.

The next sign of life is even more frightening. At least now, you finally know what happened. Before, you had somehow managed to ignore the oddly shaped dirt patterns on the side of buldings. Quite an acomplishment, considering the human brain's tendancy to look for patterns and claim things look like a human. But you can ignore it no longer. The shape on the side of that wall is a human. It's like a photograph, as if some strong light burned in the image in some final act to preserve the family who once lived there...

You're witnessing a nuclear winter.


Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 3:08 AM:
... wasn't i just in a market with a ton of people? is this now an open response thing? or do i have choices ... i'm so confused today!!! [sobs harder]


Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 10:43 PM:
((You'll get choices, I just need some time to come up with them... ^^;; And you walked away from the market. The people in the market were the survivors. That's why everyone is so poor and the food was so rare. It was also the radioactivity that caused the genetic changes allowing human and wolf genes to combine.))
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:37 pm

After a while longer of wandering, you find an old, abandoned junk yard. You being wandering around, looking for anything that might help shelter you. Nothing. There's not even a trace of food, not even rotting flesh. The people here must be starving to death...

But either way, there is nothing of use to you. Only broken glass, rotted boards, and a few old moth eaten dresses in the heaps and heaps of human waste and old soda can bottles. In frustration, you lash out, kicking an old barrel lying on the ground. To your surprise, the roof of it opens like a door, showing a long, dark hallway.
Do you...?

A) go down,
B) wait on Kevin to decide,
C) or leave it and go somewhere else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Stonewing130

avatar

Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow ...

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:38 pm

A) of course! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:33 pm

You and Kevin both walk silently. Somewhere down the tunnel, water is dripping through a crack. Drip. Drip. Drip. You wonder for a moment how well insulated this place is, but hey. Shelter is shelter, and you're greatful for it.

Slowly the tunnel begins to get lighter. The light is slightly green, casting eerie shadows on the wall. The tunnel begins to widen until it is a long hallway with green lanterns settled high up on the walls. The floor and walls are all green, and it's impossible to tell if they are actually green or if it is just an illusion of the light. After what seems like forever, you reach a big green door.
Do you…?

A. try to open it,
B. knock,
C. or wait for Kevin to react?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Stonewing130

avatar

Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow ...

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 pm

O.o ... going by posts in other peoples' threads, I'm assuming that you assumed that we/I knocked ...
You're not online so I don't have choices but I'm bored and I want to do something SO!
I tell peoples not to blow Kevin's head off and I don't even remember what he did in the first place ...

[looks it up] oh. O.O i totally did not remember any of that. or get any of it at the time. XP
No seriously! I was confused whether this was me or an OOC ... I still am. Help? Please? XD
Also, since I know the peoples in the room, I shall step inside a bit for a look while we talk. Smile

And I would ask who the Rebeca person is. And where we are. And what's happening. Yeah.
You know, looking back I totally would've done different things in real life. Like REAL different.
I thought of this as a fun sideshow kind of thing at first ... until you made it disturbing! - _ -
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 am

((Well, eventually, seeing as the door was locked, one of you would have had to knock since there was no option to camp outside. So... just speeding up the process a bit. XD

And I did warn you it would get dark... silly little Martini. Besides, this is the only way to give it actual plot and give you actual goals.))

You stare at the door wearily. Where does it lead? The enemy doesn't live here, right? But only good guys have cool under ground fortresses like this in the books you read, so you knock. The door releases a low, hollow sound, and, after a moment, you hear footsteps on the other side. A strange looking girl opens it and eyes you.

"What do you want?!" she demands. You raise an eyebrow. How rude. But then, it is getting a bit late. Maybe you accidently woke her up? That would explain why she's so grumpy...

While you're lost in thought, Kevin answers with, "“well, a place to stay might be nice. We got separated from our group earlier, and…” Suddenly you notice another girl behind the first one. The new girl looks oddly familiar... Ch...Chance, maybe...?

“Kevin! Martin!” she exclaims happily. Then her face turns doubtful.

“Er, Twiggy…?” she calls out, looking slightly confused.

“Mm?” Twiggy responds around the power bar she’s shoved in her mouth. Then she notices Kevin.

“Aw, fuck, not you again!” Her gun is out in a moment. You take a quick step back. There are many things you want to try in life. Getting shot at point blank range is not one of them. But the girl, who you now remember to be Chichi, pulls you through the door with her. Now safe, you relax slightly. Kevin, still on the other side of the door, glares at all of you.

“Will you just let me explain?!” he demands.
Do you…?

a. vouch for him
b. vouch against him
c. or wander off?

((And then you pick A...))

Before you can talk, Chichi speaks up.

"Look," she says, "I know his track record isn't exactly so clean... but Twiggy, he did help Martin. And he seemed nice. And well, you yourself said he was only helping Max because he probably had to..."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa!" the strange girl cuts in, "this kid was working with Max?!" She glares daggers at Kevin, who is beginning to look slightly nervous.

"Max...? You blink, beginning to feel very confused. Your head hurts. Thinking back, you realize you probably need to eat something...

"I'm lost," you admit, "someone tell me what's going on?" You try to silently beg Chichi to help you out here.

"And, honestly, do you have any food? I'm kind of starving..."

"How do we know you don't work with Max, too?!" the girl demands. You're starting to not like her much.

"He didn't even know who Max was!" Chichi insists, thankfully standing up for you.

-Not finished-
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:26 pm

Suddenly, Kevin is yelling at everyone, "Will you people just listen to me?! Look. Yes, I sided with Max. But I never had a choice about it! I came here just like the rest of you did, from Earth. And I was lost, and I was alone, and I had no money, no items, no hope of survival. Max came up to me and told me that if I agreed to help him, he would save me. Of course I said yes! So he gave me a place to stay, clean clothes, and some money for food and told me he would come get me when he needed me. And then he did come. He told me that three more people had entered the city, people like me. He said that they would be with a young woman. He said she went by Twiggy, and that she was going to try to kidnap them and sell them! Of course I tried to get them away from her! What the hell else was I supposed to do?! So, you all keep going on about how evil Max is, but I've seen no proof. All I know is that... is that... I didn't do anything wrong!"

You stare at him. Oh. Well then. But...

"Max attacked me," you say bluntly, "when I was in the forest, he forced me to go home with him. Then I blacked out. That's why my clothes were all torn!"
Do you...?

a. wander off in search of food,
b. ask Chichi if you can go lay down,
c. or stay and hope the argument dies down before you get a migraine?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Stonewing130

avatar

Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow ...

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:09 pm

A) but more of a combination of all three. XD
I wanna go look/ask around for food. If I discover a place to sit down, then yay! But I also want to stay close enough to the argument/action to hear/see what's going on. Smile
Or is only one answer strictly allowed ... Sad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
avatar

Posts : 657
Join date : 2011-08-21
Location : My Mind

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:05 pm

((Urgh, fine. Chichi loses a turn. >:C ))

When Chichi doesn't immediately answer, you wander off in search of the kitchens. Your head is starting to pound a bit, and you're getting tired. It's been a long day.

Behind you, you hear Rebeca talking with Kevin, but you ignore them. Faintly, you can hear Twiggy and Charles talking with someone. You ignore them, too. After a moment, Chichi catches up with you.

"Sorry," she says sheepishly, "I got distracted. Um, we're looking for the kitchen, right? I... kind of just got here a few minutes before you did. I'm not really sure where anything is yet, either."

After a minute of walking, you come to a branch of hallways.
Do you...?

A. Go left?
B. Go right?
C. Go straight?
D. Turn back?
E. Wait on Chichi to decide?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com
Stonewing130

avatar

Posts : 553
Join date : 2011-08-21
Age : 21
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow ...

PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:30 pm

B) Go right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: This is Reality (Martin)   

Back to top Go down
 
This is Reality (Martin)
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email :: Roleplay :: Massive Roleplays :: This is Reality-
Jump to: