The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Old Posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin

PostSubject: Old Posts    Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 1:06 AM:
[Enter from Hallways]
Day 1 - 8:15

Ethan entered the nurse's station cautiously, unsure of what to expect. He had never been sick before, and had no need to come to the nurse's office, nor had he ever been assigned duty here. The small hospital room was mostly bare, the only main features being the white walls, the heavy blue-grey curtains, and the hospital beds. Curiously enough, all of the beds were equipped with restraints, though after a moment's thought, Ethan remembered that many of the Institute's patients were aggressive and violent, which explained the restraints. None of the beds were in use, except for a single one in the corner where a small boy lay sleeping ... or lay unconcious. Ignoring the limp body covered by the thin standard sheets, Ethan stepped around various hospital equipment, some IV racks and other such things, and headed towards the nurse on duty. She was a young woman, dressed in the white and blue uniform of Institute hospital staff. "Hello," said Ethan in greeting. "I'm here for my chores assigment. Do you have any papers for me to file or sort?" Ethan actually enjoyed organization. It was a mindless task that did not require creativity or imagination, which he lacked in. There was a clear-cut objective and no confusing emotional filling inbetween.

(( not exactly sure what you do here, so ... leave it to katherine? XP i just need some sort of direction before i start other stuff. is eliza your character? ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 12:28 AM:
((No, she's Chichi's.))

Rebecca Fuller, head nurse at the Institute, looked up from her charts and stared at the boy infront of her. For a moment, she gritted her teeth together, sure he was yet another rascal here to try and avoid school. She was about to recommend him the new drug they had just recieved when she realized what he had just told her.

"Chores? Oh, alright. Here. Lithium needs these to be sorted by primary mental illness. We need to see the best - cure- for them... Within the illnesses, arrange them by severity, then secondary illnesses. The names have all been covered by masking tape... take it off and we will know, so don't try anything funny." The nurse rolled her eyes and went back to her charts, trying to ignore the kid. Actually... now that she thought about it, maybe this would be a good time to give him his medication?

Ms. Fuller started off towards Lithium's office, when another young man walked into the room.

"Er, Mark, here for chores...?"

"Ask him," Rebecca gritted, gesturing at Ethan. Hurridly, she continued on, but paused at the window as if from some other sense. Her eyes narrowed at the site. There were two young girls and a boy outside on courtyard duty. The older girl and boy were fine, but one of the girl's seemed far too pepy... her bipolar medicine must not be working... Ms. Fuller would have to ask about that, too...

"Dr. Takido?" asked Rebecca nervously. The doctor paused for a moment, then ignored her.

"Dr. Takido," Rebecca cleared her throat, "I would like to request permission to change Ms. Sarah Chipley's medicine dosage, and try Mr. Ethan Chueng on 75 mg of Zoloft, twice a day."

For a few long moments, there was only silence.

Then, softly, Lithium grinned, allowing, "We'll start him on it twice a day. Bring him to me for the testing, will you? But, of course, let him finish his labour first. Never underestimate free help..."

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 10:53 PM:
Ethan didn't notice the nurse's eyeroll, instead concentrating on examining the medicine bottles. Tocrin, Everys, Mocride. Ethan referenced the list of medicine descriptions and placed the translucent plastic bottles into labeled boxes stacked in a cart. Another boy walked other, hesitating before Ethan. "Um, hey. I'm here for chores. The nurse said to ask you so ..." Ethan looked up. "Okay. We're sorting these medicines by primary mental illness then by severity and secondary illnesses," he recited. "We're not supposed to look at the names on the bottles. They're covered by masking tape anyways." He paused. "You got that?" Ethan knew that most other people couldn't memorize as fast as he could. "Uhh ... sort of," the boy said confusedly. "Anyways, my name is Mark." "I'm Ethan," and Ethan stood up, formally holding out his hand for Mark to shake.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 2:11 AM:
Grinning slightly, Mark reached out and shook Ethan's hand before sitting down and helping arrange the medicines.

"Erm, do you know why the names are blacked out?" he asked, looking slight confused, "what can they do? And shouldn't they be keeping a closer eye on us? I mean, what if one of the druggy kids got this chore? I'm sure it's happened before..." He glanced back down at the medicine, fiddling with it. He could feel his face turn red. He hated social interaction, he really wasn't good at it. He simply forgot things too quickly to hold a decent conversation, which confused him. He used to have a wonderful memory! He was convinced the anti-depressants had affected his mind, and he found himself struggling more and more in all mental areas. Yet the nurses were adamant in insisting that the miracle drugs could do no wrong.

"Um, hey..." he found himself whispering, "have they ever given you any medications yet? Cause... well, I'm sure it was just a mistake, but I think my dosage is a little too high, you know?" He smiled sheepishly, hoping Ethan wouldn't think he was simply exagerating, as many here were prone to doing.

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 8:01 PM:
Ethan shrugged uninterestedly. "I don't know. I guess they just don't want us to know who's getting what. They're probably watching from one of their offices or something. I know they've got security cameras at least," he said, pointing upwards at the watching machine above them. Ethan saw Mark's face flush with color and remembered that this was what happened when people become embarassed. He had studied people's reactions long enough to know this. He shook his head, and said, "No, they haven't medicated me yet. I suppose they'll start soon, or maybe they've forgotten about me already. Why do you think it's too high?" Ethan loked up from his inspection of one of the medicine bottles and examined Mark. He looked normal enough.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 8:52 PM:
Mark gulped. Should he say? But if he didn't, Ethan would think he was just looking for attention.

"I used to be really smart," he said, staring fixatedly at the wall, hoping Ethan wouldn't think he was trying to brag, "but ever since they put me on my current medication, it's hard to think. It's like working through a haze all day. My thoughts are all sluggish and my responses all wrong. Worst of all, I can't remember anything. I'm sure I'll have even forgotten this conversation, by the time the day is over. When I mentioned it to the nurse, she actually upped my dosage! I mean, maybe I'm just remembering things wrong, but I could have sworn things weren't this hard before I came here." Shaking his head in bafflement, Mark stared down at the medications infront of him. To his dismay, he realzed he had no idea where he had left off, which medications were actually in the right place. Sighing mournfully, he started over.

Ms. Fuller walked back into the room, glancing around in annoyance.

"Where is that Eliza?" she asked in frustration, "if she doesn't show up soon, I swear..." Mark gulped.

"Please, ma'am, Ethan and I are doing fine on our own. Don't be too angry at her, I'm sure she's simply being held up." Rebecca glared at him hatefully.

"You know what," she hissed through gritted teeth, "you're getting your dosage changed, too. You two, finish your work, and then come with me to Ms. Takido's office."

Despair showed on Mark's face. They were raising his dosage again? He wouldn't even be able to think by himself, soon!

"What did we do wrong?!" he begged. The nurse's eyes narrowed.

"You're showing too much temper and disobedience. You need to have your attitude problem fixed, now. What would your parents think?" Mark flinched. Pain showing on his face, he began slowly working again.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 3:57 AM:
[guys, i haven't entered eliza as a character yet. she doesn't technically exist yet.]

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 1:50 PM:
((I know, but I needed to include all the characters to keep things even. When she does come, just say she was in an emergency therapy session, or something. That's the catch all excuse for being late or absent here. Wink ))

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 3:20 PM:
"So you think they're drugging you instead of curing you?" Ethan had no reason to believe that Mark was lying, so he was presumably telling the truth. Or at least, his perspective of the truth. "Are you saying your memory's worse?" Ethan closed a box full of medicine bottles and put it on the cart. He listened as Ms. Fuller ranted about Mark's disobedience and attitude, but watching Mark, could not see any sign of rebelliousness. "This is the first time I've been given medicine. What's it like?" he whispered to Mark. "And who's Ms. Takido?" Ethan had seen others come back from the nurse's station and they had appeared confused, or shellshocked almost. It was as if the medicine had worsened their condition instead of curing it. He didn't want to become like them.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 3:29 PM:
"I mean, it might just be an accident... I just wish they'd listen when I tell them something's wrong. Yes, my memory is horrible now. Absolutely crap. I can barely even remember yesterday, much less last week. I have to constantly journal about everything in order to understand what's going on around me."

Mark responded very slowly, obviously frightened, "The proccess of being given new medicine... is awful... they don't slowly get you used to it, like most places do. They give you your full dose all at once, every day. And I'm positive the doses they give are too high. Someone told me that she was being given triple the recommended dose for someone her age! And someone else had to go to the hospital becuase of an overdose. The staff said that she had found a way to smuggle in drugs, but no one believed them. We all know that she was terrifed of medication. She was a tiny girl, she was killed because they gave her more medicine than her system could handle. Or at least, that's what I wrote in my journal."

Mark went back to working. He was silent for a long time. He kept opening his mouth as if meaning to talk before hesitating and closing it again. Finally he sighed, put down the current medication, and stared at Ethan.

"Lithium Takido is the head nurse here. As her name suggests, she's not exactly a nice person. She's a sadist! She's the one who controls our medication. She's awful! She's also a pyschiatrist. I had her once. I don't remember it, of course, but I journaled -over a week later, mind you- that I had spent the whole week in a pained daze, feeling awful because of the things she said. And she called that progress..."

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, April 03, 2011 at 4:03 PM:
"It doesn't sound like it's an accident," replied Ethan. "Triple the dose? And if there have been multiple overdoses, how come no one's noticed?" He was puzzled by what the Institute would gain by drugging them with dangerous doses. "Why would they do this though?" Ethan sat back, trying to understand the asylum's motives. "A sadist? So she's basically evil, you mean. Do we all get her?" Hopefully not. If Mark's fuzzy memories and journal entries were true, then the Institute was a worse place than Ethan already thought it was. He went back to sorting the medicines. "Do you think I should start journaling?" he asked slowly. In less than half an hour, both of them would see Lithium Takido in her office, he realized.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 2:58 AM:
"We're... not wanted... we're the crazies, the scum, the hated... no one cares when we disappear..." Mark sadly leaned back.

"Most people do, eventually. Though she leaves some alone, and only bugs some for a while. It's worse if she likes you, I've heard. She knows how to brainwash people... people say she was raised ina cult and is skilled in their secret techniques... haha, sometimes it seems like I remember what others say better than I remember my own life!" He paused, biting back a choked sob. He couldn't afford to draw attention to himself. He didn't want to lose what little he had left. He didn't want to die...

"Yes!" Mark nodded adamently, "yes. Even if she doesn't make you a zombie now, it might still happen later. And it can be important evidence, if you ever get out of here, which is starting to appear more and more unlikely. I can't even remember the last time anyone got out of here! Which doesn't mean much... But people have to of course, so someone, eventually, might be able to alert the police. I'm an optimist at heart. What about you?"

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 9:20 PM:
"Brainwashing ..." Ethan supposed it would be a useful skill. Something he wouldn't mind having either. And the art of persuasion was connected somewhat to psychology, so he wasn't surprised that a sadist in a mental asylum would know brainwashing. "What'd they say the medicine was for? What would happen if I just refused to take it?" He looked around furtively to ensure no one was watching. Ms. Fuller had left and gone back to her office already.

Ethan raised an eyebrow. "Zombie?" He imagined slavering corpses of some of the other patients he had seen. "Anyways, where did you get your journal from? Usually you have to have special permission to buy stuff from outside the Institute. Will they let me keep a pencil? Some kids aren't allowed writing utensils because they're afraid they'll stab themselves with it." Ethan finished filling another box with medicines and closed it, putting it onto the metal cart.

"Me? I'm a realist. Our chances of getting out of this place are miniscule. The moment we came here, our lives were forfeit and we became the Institute's property. But I'm not a pessimist or a fatalist either. If we had a chance, a tiny chance albeit, but a chance nonetheless, then I'd take it. I'll do anything to get out of the Institute."

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 9:29 PM:
"For? I don't think there's a real reason for it. They just say you're being difficult and defiant, and bam! You're zombified, brain fried, on medication. But don't not take it! They'll put you in isolation or something! That's the worst thing that can happen to you here..." For a minute, Mark's voice cut off. He couldn't speak. He couldn't move. He was back in the endless dark, restrained and gag. Alone in the silence. Alone. Everything hurt. He hadn't eaten in hours, or was it days? He was so scared.... what if no one ever came to get him? What if he was trapped in this cell forever? He wondered if this was what death was like. Was he already dead? It was certainly possible. But then, he must be in Hell. What had he done wrong? What had he done?

Slowly, the memory was fading away, as all his memories did. Mark shuddered, then realized that Ethan had just asked him something.

"Erm, I'm sorry? Oh, the journal? They only let me journal in therapy. That's all I do now. I don't talk, don't work on anything, just desperately struggle to preserve my history. Sometimes I do creative writing to express myself, but usually I can't afford to work in anything emotional. I only have time for facts and maybe an emote on the top of the page."

"That's true. Yeah. You're more likely to get out than me, now. They'll use my memory as proof that I have problems. If you ever do get out, remember us, ok? You'll fight for us, right?"

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 9:56 PM:
Medication was sounding like more like a poison, a torture device, a toxin, than a benevolent cure to your psychological troubles. Ethan hadn't been in isolation before. He hadn't attracted attention to himself or been a troublemaker, so there'd been no need. He looked at Mark, who had suddenly stopped talking. His face was drawn back and taut, fear showing plainly on his face. But then just as quickly, the moment passed, and Mark simply looked like his normal self again: confused and wary.

"But can't they read everything you write, then?" Ethan pressed on. "It'd be horrible if they just took it away one day. Then you'd have no identity or memory ..." He contemplated what would become of him if that happened. "Yeah, of course I will." Ethan reassured Mark. But in truth, he wasn't sure if he would.

The Institute seemed impenetrable, hiding behind a mask of benevolence. He could succeed more easily in life if he didn't go around performing charity for a bunch of children who had never done anything to help him. Maybe they'd do something in return. Ethan dismissed the decisions though, leaving them for a later time. "I'll remember you." Mark he would help, at least for his time at the Institute. The boy had already given him valuable information to use in Ethan's struggle to escape.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 10:37 PM:
"Well..." Mark hesitated, "probably, but... I mean, it's better than nothing, right? And we all know that they spy on us anyway. As for taking it away, I would truly go crazy then. I don't think they'd like that, though. I usually cooperate well enough." Mark shrugged. In truth, the thought didn't bother him much. At that point, he would be content to simply let go. If that meant going psycho and trying to kill the attendant, so be it. If they tried to steal his identity, he no longer cared about them. They deserved to die, in such a case.

"Oh!" Mark exclaimed in surprise, "wow, we only have five minutes left until it's time to go! That's weird... time always seems so fast, you know? Or, at least, it does to me. Most people here say it simply drags on, but with my lack of memory, everything is new and surprising, you know? Anyway, I hope we can see each other again. How old are you? What are your illnesses? Maybe we'll be in the same group therapy! That'd be nice, wouldn't it?" Mark smiled warmly. He glanced down at the medications and hurridly organized the final few.

"See you around!" he laughed, before adding quietly, "whatever you do, don't scream."

He had wanted to go ahead and say goodbye before the nurses came out. It might be the last time that he and Ethan were able to feel emotions, after all.

Then, exactly as the clock struck nine, Lithium walked in.

She said quietly, "I'd like to see Mr. Turner back in my office, please. Mr. Grenal, please go see Ms. Fuller."

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, April 04, 2011 at 11:10 PM:
"True. At least you're doing something, rather than nothing." Ethan sat silent for a moment. He looked at the clock too, as surprised as Mark was. "It's almost nine already?" It seemed as if it had only been a few minutes. "Time stretches on forever here. It's like you said: your memory making it seem like it goes by fast. I'm fifteen. I have Reactive Attachment Disorder and Avoidant Personality Disorder," Ethan recited mechanically. Other patients had asked him that question many times before. "Yeah, it would be," he said without smiling. You're fifteen too, right?"

The bell rang, signaling the end of the period, and the beginning of the next. Ms. Takido appeared silently at the door, and requested Ethan in her office. "Bye," he said to Mark. "And good luck," he murmured quietly. Ethan followed Lithium to her office, unsure of what to expect. From Mark's description, Ms. Takido seemed almost like a psychopath. She enjoyed playing with people's minds, and liked to destroy their will. But from what Ethan had seen of her, she seemed simply a calm and rational woman, though unusually silent and serious.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, April 05, 2011 at 12:58 AM:
Mark nodded silently. Yes, he was fifteen. Good. They would be together, then.

Actually, "why have we never had class together before? How strange... are you new? Or did I simply never journal about you?"

Gulping, Mark walked into Ms. Fuller's office.

-

Lithium led the boy into her office and sat down at her desk. For a minute, she said nothing, simply stared. Then she smirked, leaning back into her chair.

"So," she said, softly, ever softly, "you're here to get your medication, correct? 75 mgs of Zoloft, to be taken twice a day, it seems." Her eyes flickered up to meet his; she was relatively dissapointed when there was no reaction. Still. All in good time.

"Well, there's no use sitting here and talking. Let's try it out, shall we?"

Cheung, Martin replied on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 at 1:02 AM:
"No, I've been here for a couple of months. You probably just didn't journal about me. I've seen you around before, but I usually keep to myself, so don't feel ignored." Ethan followed Lithium quietly and obediently. It wouldn't do good to be disruptive, from what Ms. Fuller threatened Mark with. He sat down in the chair across the desk from Lithium.

"Yes, I am," said Ethan. "Will this medicine help cure me?" he asked innocently. "What does Zoloft do, exactly?" Ethan knew he was treading a dangerous line. Too many questions and Ms. Takido would think he was being too curious, or too investigative. But he had to know more, to preserve his identity. The moment he exited Lithium's oppressive office, he would start journaling, Ethan vowed to himself.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 at 4:37 PM:
"Oh, Zoloft can treat a lot of things," Lithium shrugs nonchalantly, "Depression. Obsessional Compulsional Disorder. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Panic Disorders. Anxiety Disorders. I just think it might help a bit with your relationship with others. We currently suspect you might have a subbranch of OCD affecting your actions. We just think trying this medicine would be benificial for you." Lilithium smiles, licking her teeth. She doesn't add that she's giving him tripple the adult dose, and that a medicine that is supposed to be administered daily is now going to be a staple and both his breakfast and dinner. There's nothing he could do about it even if he did know, anyway. Lithium laughs softly.

"Well, here. Try it out, see how it works." She offered him the pills and a glass of water.

"Dissolve them in here, hun."

Cheung, Martin replied on Wednesday, April 06, 2011 at 7:39 PM:
Ethan doubted Lithium's casual list of disorders Zoloft could treat. Usually medicines were developed for a specific purpose, and it was rare that a substance could treat a wide range of conditions. But he was loathe to press harder and rouse Ms. Takido's suspicions. He licked his dry lips nervously, showing how serious the situation was. Usually he didn't feel anxiety or other emotions.

"A subbranch of OCD, you say?" Ethan picked the glass of water in one hand and put the pills in the other. There was no escape, was there? Lithium was right in front of him, and she wasn't about to let him skip medication. Most likely the dose was grossly inflated, from what Mark told him about his own and others' doses. Perhaps Zoloft didn't affect memories, and would just make him feel nauseated. It was doubtful.

He brought the pills to his mouth and stopped. Hesitated, he looked at Ms. Takido, who was smiling encouragingly. There was no turning back. Ethan swallowed all the pills in one go, and gulped down the cup of water. The cold water swept the pills down his throat in seconds.

(( i'm not sure how serious his reactions should be to zoloft - is just memory loss? ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 12:06 AM:
((Actually, Zoloft does get prescribed for all those things. It's side affects, though, can include nausea, insomnia, diarrhea, dizziness, a dry mouth, fatigue, indigestion, tremors, and a loss of appetite, along with headaches, hot flashes, and vision changes. Normally, side affects are relatively rare, but with triple the dose? He's gonna be miserable.))

Lithium smiled at Ethan as he took the medicine.

"Well, off to class with you," she laughed, hoping he hadn't just overdosed, "if you have any problems, please feel free to talk to Ms. Fuller about it. I'm sure she's more than qualified to help. The effects should be kicking in in about half an hour, alright?"

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 12:59 AM:
(( >.< i'm not psychology smart like you are. they say that on commercials too. it's like, this can cure your cold symptoms! by the way, it can also cause vomiting, nausea, suicidal thoughts or actions, ... that really makes you want to take it, doesn't it? ))

Ethan nodded, and exited Ms. Takido's office. Out of the dangerous aura Lithium radiated in the confined room, he could now breathe easier. He didn't feel drastically different. At least, not yet that is. The effects should be kicking in in about half an hour, Lithium had said. One last thirty minutes of normalcy before whatever side effects Zoloft gave him appeared.

Day 1 - 9:03
[Exit to Math]

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, April 07, 2011 at 1:14 AM:
((Haha, yeah. But the systems, most of them at least, are rare. Unless you don't follow the prescription. Like Ethan has to do! Very Happy ))

Dorsey, Sarah replied on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 1:05 AM:
Jinx flung her head back, letting damp black hair wrap around her bony arms, bones covered by a thin, almost translucent, later of skin that showed blue rivers of blood beneath her skin. Her eyes, the dusky purple of the night sky before the sun falls, were narrowed into exhausted, but content, slits. "So good." she mumbled, almost sleepily.
"Stop it." A sharp voice barked in her ear, yanking her arms up. The heavily bleeding gashes crossed her arms, slicing through old scars. Scratchy white bandages were tugged tightly around her arms and she was shoved onto a bed.
"No!" she began to panic as her arms, still burning, were tied down. "Let me go! Just let me die!" Jinx began thrashing against the tight restraints, causing skin to rip. Blood dripped down her thin skin, leaving ragged rips that blood leaked from steadily.
"Stop."
"Let me die." Jinx spat in response.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 1:29 AM:
A knock sounded on Lithium's door. Sighing, she dropped her pen and stared up expectantly at one of the nurse's.

"You need to come see this," the nurse panted, "Jinx tried to kill herself again!" Lithium rolled her eyes, forcing herself stand up and walk slowly over to where a thrashing girl was being restrained.

"You're here again, Jinx?" she asked, raising an eyebrow, "I'm starting to think you just want to see me. Why do you never do this during any of my breaks, hm?" She sat tiredly down into a hard red plastic chair next to the bed Jinx was currently in.

"Seriously, babe, you need to stop pulling this shit. Otherwise, I'm going to have to up your dose. And we don't want that, now do we?" Long fingers sporting bright red polish played with Jinx's black hair while Lithium smiled maliciously. She always had enjoyed messing with Jinx. To her, Jinx was one of the interesting ones. At least she wasn't like the other suicidal patients. She still had some spirit remaining, somehow or another. It both puzzled and pleased Lithium. At least it gave her something to do. Either way, it didn't matter.

She was still going to break Jinx.

Dorsey, Sarah replied on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 11:31 AM:
Up the dose? That could kill her! Even she knew that so the doctor must. But the doctor wouldn't give her more than was healthy. Yes she would. Adults hurt. Adults will hurt you. Will leave you. Don't trust an adult. Don't. Be careful! Don't trust an adult! But didn't she want to die? Yes. But she wanted to be the one to do it, not some adult with too much medication. That wouldn't hurt enough. She deserved pain.

Her eyes went misty and off focus as she had a small scale internal panic attack. Then she tore her attention from her panic inducing thoughts, staring up at Lilith, who was now fiddling with her hair.

Fingers, topped with cherry red nails, tugged lightly at her hair, rolling it around her fingers and rubbing it with long fingers. If only Jinx could angle herself, could move close enough quickly enough that those nails sliced her cheek, cut her skin, drew blood, brought release. She needed the pain. Deserved the pain.

A whimper tore at her throat and she strained at the binds, trying to bring more pain. Needing more pain. The restraints hurt but not enough, not enough. Almost, where they bit at her new cuts and slashes. Where they only pressed against bruised skin and healed scars. She tried to shift, to rub against the strips of stiff material, but they were too tight and she couldn't.

"Why won't you just let me?" she panted out, throwing her head back so it smacked against the bed she was strapped too. "Let me hurt myself. Wasn't going to die from these. Not this time. Just let me hurt." some of the words caught in her throat, coming out raspy and breathless. Needy. Needed the pain.

"Please. I'll be good. I'll do anything. Just let me." she began gnawing at her lower lip, shredding thin tissue and causing blood to flood her mouth. She couldn't move her head well enough to spit out the blood so she swallowed it with some difficulty.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 9:08 PM:
Lithium sighed audibly.

"Aren't you in enough pain right now?" she questioned, "any more and you would die, don't even try to deny it. You're just so addicted that you don't realize it. You sound like a fucking drug addict, you know that? 'Please, just one more hit, one more smoke, one more pill. I promise, it won't do anything bad, I promise I won't let it kill me. I just wanna get shit faced one last time, you know? Please, I'll do anything. Oh, please, I just wanna rot holes in half my brain in order to get five seconds of pleasure, even though I need more and more pain each time just to feel fucking normal.'" Lithium's pitch had raised to annoying trill as she mocked Jinx.

"But honestly, kid," she shook her head, "we're not going to let you die. It would freak out the other patients. Renew their hope that they will find a way to die. And if too many people die, the outside world might start to notice. And we don't want that, now do we?" Lithium stood up, staring at Jinx in boredom.

"I'll give you one last chance to remain at your current dosage. Act up again and you'll be taken to isolation for twenty-four hours. We'll decide what to deal with you then."

"Thomas, keep an eye on her," Lithium requested. She winked at Jinx before walking back to her own office and resuming work, malicious smile lighting her face.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at 9:43 PM:
Day 1
11:40 AM
Enter from Science Class

Jennie slips into the nurse's office and glances around as if looking for someone before catching site of Jinx.

"Oh, hey," she says in surprise, "I don't think I've seen you around here before. Who're you? And why're you so beat up?" She tilts her head to the side waiting for an answer.

"What grade are you in?"

((Hey, Sarah. You never said the grade Jinx is in or what classes she takes. Is she in some alternate type of schooling, or what?))

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 1:41 AM:
Day 1 - 11:47
[Enter from SS]

Ethan leans against the wall for support. He drags his feet, trying to prolong his arrival at the nurse's station for as long as possible. He doesn't want to face Lithium again.

He contemplates what she might do. She's already given him his dose of medication. There's not much Ms. Takido could do to relieve the side affects, not that should would be inclined to anyways. Most likely she'd send him off right back to class. Miss Gates wouldn't be too happy.

Walking down the hallway only takes so long though. Sooner than he would like, Ethan entering the nurse's office and sitting down in one of the blue waiting chairs.

There is one other student, no two, in the room. The first one, a short and round girl, is strangely enough conversing with another girl tightly strapped to a hospital bed. The harsh smell of chemicals burns Ethan's nose and he tries to inhale less of the contaminated air.

He nods politely at the unrestrained girl, and slouches back into his seat.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 2:02 AM:
Jennie turns around in surprise as the door creaks open. She grinns as another student enters.

"Hi, Ethan. That's you're name, right? You're a... sophmore? I'm...Jennie, a junior. We've had a therapy session before, I think. Anyway, what are you here for?"

The door slams open and Lithium slips out, staring at the teens waiting for her.

"Weren't you just in here?" she asks, staring wearily at Ethan. Then she glances at Jennie.

"Oh, you again. Honestly, what is wrong with today? You three are starting to become the clinic regulars," she sighs.

"Jennie, just go grab a Motrin or Advil or something. Ethan, I suppose your dosage was too high?" She smiles sweetly.

"Go lie down on the bed next to Jinx. Try not to move too much, I don't want you throwing up on the sheets. They were just cleaned." Rolling her eyes, she gives one last glance at Jinx before shrugging and walking back towards her office.

Jennie snickers.

"Wow, and she doesn't even offer to sign us a pass. Whatever." Jennie dumps a handful of pills into her cupped hand and quickly dry swallows them all. She grmiaces slightly at the taste, but seems used to it.

"Well, I should be off now. Bye guys," she winks, prancing out the door to no doubt to hide in the restrooms for the next few minutes until she can go to lunch.

Day 1
11: 57 AM
Exit to Cafeteria

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, May 26, 2011 at 2:23 AM:
Ethan nods at the friendly girl. He remembers her, but had never spoken to her before.

"Miss Gates sent me," he said quietly. "I wasn't feeling so well so she practically pushed me into the hallway." He had to focus on her as his vision still blurred slightly. He didn't seem to be getting any better, but at least the side affects hadn't worsened. Maybe the worst was over.

"Yeah, bye." Ethan turns away He doesn't respond to Lithium, only nods and follows her directions. He stands up slowly so he isn't overwhelmed by a sudden wave of dizziness and walks over to the bed next to the girl bound down, smiling a small fake smile at her.

He sits down gingerly, not wanting to actually lie down. The covers were still stiff and starchy from being recently clean. Another wave of itchy heat rolled in and Ethan gave in, lying back onto the soft pillow and sliding under the stiff white blanket.

His head is still dizzy and he feels nauseated. At least in sleep he wouldn't be able to feel the uncomfortable sense of heat or any other of the side affects ruining his day. Soon Ethan's eyes are closed and his breathing slows.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com

Old Posts
Page 1 of 1