The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Old Posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin

PostSubject: Old Posts    Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:57 pm

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM:
[Enters from the orphanage]

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:12 PM:
Sir Marshall entered the limousine after the children, bypassing them and sitting in a huge black leather swivel chair installed at the front of the passenger section of the car. He did not speak for a while, an uncomfortable silence building. Instead, he leaned forward, steepling his fingers together, and examined the two boys shrewdly. As this continued, two members of his staff typed furiously into laptops, or scribbled into large notebooks. Both wore dark suits and had Bluetooth phones in their ears. A third employee of Sir Marshall, a women, presumably his secretary, wore a bright red suit with a matching skirt instead of suit pants. She was the only who spoke, saying, "Hi! My name is Kelly. All the information you need is in this booklet right here. If you have any questions, ask me. Sir Marshall is always so busy with work." Sir Marshall continued staring. Kelly handed Bart and Clide a thick booklet, about the size of a chapterbook. On the glossy cover, there was a picture of a impossibly shiny building stretching up into the sky, and at the center of the white glow of light, there was a logo: VANTAGE FUNCTION DIVISION, it read. Inside, various sections pages were labeled, "Introduction," "A Guide to the Vantage Function Division," "Important Information," "What Not To Do," and "Miscellaneous."

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:16 PM:
((Interesting......))
"I'm sorry mam, but could you please tell me where the bathroom is???" Clide asked Kelly.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:47 PM:
((I'm going to end up being very mean..... XP))

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:49 PM:
"Just wait until we get to the main building. Our limousine is luxurious, but not that luxurious." Kelly continued. As the car approached the Vantage Function Division, the two secretaries closed their laptops and packed their briefcases. Sir Marshall stopped his awkward stare at last, and Kelly retrieved a small red handbag from her seat, along with a larger canvas bag. The car stopped in front of the impressive main entrance of enormous glass doors. "Sunglasses!" Kelly announced, holding out disposable sunglasses. "When outside the building, wear these at all times," she told Clide and Bart. "You'll find a pemanent pair for yourselves in your rooms."

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:53 PM:
When they exited the limousine, sunglasses on their heads, they were temporarily blinded by the shining exterior of the smooth skyscraper, even through the dark lenses. The reflective, mirror-like glass of the Vantage Function Division bounced off all sunrays towards all passerbys, searing their retinas with the impossibly bright light. Sir Marshall led the way, buttoning his dark suit as he ascended the tall flight of steps leading up to the see-through doors. The two secretaries followed him in a precise line, while Kelly in her red suit, brought up the rear, looking behind her to check on the two boys who were still in the car, hesitating to exit.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 11:19 PM:
"Come on... the bathroom is this way," Kelly said awkwardly, realizing she didn't know the children's names. Turning away, she entered the large building and led Clide down the main hallway and off to a door on the left. She waited as patiently as she could for him to stop gaping at how large everything was and hurry up and close the door.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 11:15 AM:
Bart looked at the book and began to skim it in the car. He rolled his eyes at his brother's comment. They were about to go to one of the best places in the world, and all he can worry about is the bathroom. Plus, he just went. The shinny exterior was even more shinny than Bart had imagined it. As he entered, he tried to keep up, but there was too much to take in. It was perfect. As he followed Clide and Kelly, he asked, "In the book it tells us what not to do on computers. That implies we will have computer access, right?"
((Note: Bart's specialty is computers.))
((Stephen if you ruin this, your Yet another RP character is going to have bad things happen to him))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 9:22 PM:
*shiny, not shinny (which you did twice.... sigh)
((I'll ruin it for myself......., if they punish you I'll promise to be worse!!!!!, XP))

"I'm Clide, and how far away is the bathroom, I really have to go."

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 9:48 PM:
((Dude! She already took you to the dang bathroom! Just look up a few dang posts!))

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, March 17, 2011 at 11:08 PM:
Kelly stared at Clide. "I just showed you the bathroom ... It's right over there." She turned to Bart, ignoring the clearly troubled boy. "Yes, you will have computer access. Each of you will have a desktop computer and a laptop in your room. They'll be of the latest model, from Vantage of course." Kelly paused and lowered her voice. "But of course, they could be confiscated if you don't follow Sir Marshall's wishes. Once your brother gets out of the bathroom, I'll show you your rooms." Kelly continued in a more normal tone of voice. "They're quite nice, actually. You've even got a window view!" She reached into her leather handbag and drew out a small pouch. "Oh sorry, I almost forgot. Here are the keys to your rooms and other facilities that you two are allowed to access." Kelly withdrew a metallic silver key and a dull bronze key hanging on chains. "This silver one is yours. And the bronze one is your brother's." She folded the pouch and returned it to her red purse. "A list of accessible areas is in a binder inside your room, along with the full version of your booklet," Kelly said, pointing at the chapterbook-sized book.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 2:10 AM:
(( Oh....., oops. Why am I stuck with bronze?????, when silver is obviously better?????))

Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 2:34 AM:
(( because Sir Marshall thinks Bart has potential w/ computers, while Clide is spazzy XD ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:18 AM:
"Thank you very much," Bart answers. He is mentally happy about the computer access. If the computers get confiscated because of Clide, someone is going to die, and its not going to be Bart. "I will be sure to look over the booklet when we get there."

((Waits for Clide))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:25 AM:
((I'll come out whenever you need me too......., I'm really just going to the bathroom.))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM:
((Come out now))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 3:00 PM:
((Fine, but I'm not saying anything, so just continue with your analog.))

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 10:01 PM:
(( [rolls eyes] are you sulking or something, stephen? come on. at least post a paragraph that says you come out. pleeaaassse ... ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 10:25 PM:
((a paragraph that says I come out of the bathroom???))

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 10:40 PM:
(( it's a roleplay stephen. you write about any action you take, regardless of simplicity ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 12:12 AM:
((It's a really short paragraph, so don't complain.))
Walking out of the rather enormous bathroom, Clide bumped into Bart.... "Oh, sorry Bart," Clide apologized to his older brother, everything in this place was extra large. Stifling a yawn, Clide asked, "What now?"

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 12:31 AM:
Kelly stared at the boy, trying to comprehend his utter strangeness. It was a little past noon, how could he be tired and yawning? She shook her head, clearing away the bothersome thoughts. "Follow me boys, I'll lead you to your rooms." Kelly started walking down the hallway, clearly expecting Clide and Bart to follow. She stepped into an elevator, and pressed a circular button to keep the elevator door open as Clide and Bart caught up with her.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:07 PM:
((Waits until room description is posted))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:19 PM:
((YEAH!!!!, even weird people think I'm weird!!!!!!!!!!))

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, March 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM:
(( sorry, wait for tomorrow. i've gtg do my apps for the asylum ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:36 AM:
((K, otay))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM:
((odd post......))

Delete...
Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 9:08 PM:
((Still waiting...)

((HAHAH)

((Sicl)

)))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, March 23, 2011 at 10:47 PM:
(((((((((((((((((----- (Kisame's SWORD!!!!!!, [what's it's japanese name again???])

Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, March 25, 2011 at 12:25 AM:
The doors of the elevator slid open, revealing a corridor lined with wood paneling and decorative wallpaper. On either side of the hall, there were doors of dark wood with metal handles, a small peekhole, and a keyhole. Kelly walked briskly down the hall, until she reached two doors side by side, in contrast to the other doors, which were evenly spaced far apart. "These two rooms will be yours, boys. Clide, you'll have Room 5201. And Bart, you'll have Room 5202. Both rooms are identical, of course, but you may change them, or rearrange them however you wish." She waved towards their respective roomings as she spoke. "Bart," she asked, "Have you given your brother his key yet?" Bartholemew was still holding both keys, not just the silver one that belonged to him. "Make sure you do, or he won't be able to get inside his room." Kelly continued on, saying, "I have the master key, as does Sir Marshall and his top advisors. Here, I'll open the doors for you, so you can see the rooms for yourself." She inserted a plain black key into the keyhole of Room 5201 and twisted it, then opened the door. Inside, there were cream-colored walls, one side partly covered by a huge plasma screen TV and the opposite side was taken up by a floor-to-ceiling, wall-to-wall window, from which you could see all of the city. The window must be one of the famous reflective mirrors that shone blindingly bright when seen from outside the building. A huge Queen-sized bed took up much of the space, next to a nightstand with a lamp perched on top, and a mahogany dresser. There were two doors leading off from the main room. Various couches were scattered throughout the large area the room encompassed, and several coffee tables and floor lamps were stationed near them. "Well?" said Kelly smiling. "Nice place, isn't it? I'll leave it to you then, boys. Keep your keys with you at all times!" she called out as she began walking down the corridor back to the elevator. "Good luck!"

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, March 25, 2011 at 12:47 AM:
"Thank you very much. Just one thing, good luck with what?" Bart exclaimed. "Oh, well. Here Clide, here's your key." He says and gives the key to Clide. The first thing he looks for is the computer. A new model, barely out yet. Vansity Funtional division it says with state of the art graphics. Then comes the loggin screen. What is my username? Ummm..... How about Bart? No, I don't have one yet. I'll just wait.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 9:06 PM:
((SAMEHADA!!!!!))
Clide goes to his room. He lies down in the bed, thinking about his sister. He then falls asleep.
((It's a paragraph..., 3 sentences.....))

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, March 28, 2011 at 12:14 AM:
Kelly doesn't answer, and continues down the hall, her scarlet high heels clip clopping down the hallway though the sound is muffled by the plush carpeting. Inside Bart's room, the automatic computer message appeared on the screen. The computer was brand new and required the creation of an account. "Welcome!" scrolled across the silver and blue background. "Please create an account. Enter your username, password, and basic information here:"

Name: ________________ (first and last)
Username: _____________
Password: _____________
Password: _____________ (please enter again for accuracy check)

Many floors above the two boys, a man sitting behind a computer desk pressed a button to turn on the intercom. He leaned forward, speaking into a microphone sitting on his desk. "Subject 28 is asleep, sir." The man stared at his computer screen, studying the image of the boy. "Yes, sir. I will. I'll make sure of it."

Johnston, Stephen replied on Monday, March 28, 2011 at 10:48 PM:
(Okay, that's kinda scary......)

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 29, 2011 at 12:03 AM:
(( yep! XP you're welcome ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 9:37 PM:
Going over to the computer, Bart is amazed to see it has changed. It now asks for a username and password! He enters...[To be continued brb]

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, March 30, 2011 at 10:07 PM:
[Continued, sorry had to eat dinner]
Bartholemew
Bcat09
XPXOXP
XPXOXP

Logon accepted The screen reads. Good! I'm on. First thing, orphanage website. After 5 minutes of slow loading, the site pops up. It contains a colorful background and an animated picture. The new adoptions seem to be from the 1900s. No good information there. Then Bart begins to look up the meeting site, but doesn't knowing he is probably monitered. He then goes on him email, and changes the description to 'busy for indefinate period'. He finds a boring game, plays it for 5 minutes then writes his own, an improved version of that one. He plays it for a minute, but finds it easy as he programmed it. He then emails it to Clide, for fun. Then he remembers about research. He types into the search engine....stuff I should know. This pops up. ((Martin complete this part))

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 1:30 AM:
Upwards many floors, the dark-suited man once again peers into his computer screen, before pressing the blue intercom button in front of him. "Sir, Subject 27 has accessed the internet and is searching for his orphanage's address. Should we let him continue?" There is a long pause on the other end. Clearly, something has been said, for the man continues, "Don't shut down the computer? What should I do instead? ... Very well, sir. I'll inform his brother as well."

In Bart's room, the browser disappears, and is replaced by a red box containing the words, "You are requested to appear in Large Meeting Room 6 for a briefing. Attendance is required." In Clide's room, the situation is the same, the computer turning itself on and displaying the message in scrolling letters across the screen.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 11:16 AM:
"Oh goody, I was just losing things to do." Bart says. He steps out of the room and brings his key with him. As he steps in the elevator, He quickly scans through all the levels. He finds one that says large meeting room 6. He hits it. After a quick trip upward, he steps out into the hallway. There are a few small doors to the left and right, but one large brown one strait ahead that loudly proclaims Large Meeting Room 6. He open up and finds...(Martin fill this in.)

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 10:30 PM:
Large Meeting Room 6 truly is a large meeting room. But the words "enormous," would be more accurately descriptive. The room stretches on for what seems to be at least half the width of the whole building at this level. Some people might even experience a sudden feeling of vulnerability and loneliness as they view the vast room that seems to reach beyond the see-through glass windows. Circular and long rectangular tables surrounded by plush black leather swivel chairs are scattered around, along with a few smaller cubicles composed of thin hardwood walls containing sleek new computer models. In the center however, is a medium-sized space enclosed by opaque tinted glass that reach down from the ceiling. There is only one opening in the glass walls, through which a large conference table can be seen, and the same black leather chairs that are so common in the Larg Meeting Room.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, March 31, 2011 at 11:54 PM:
Bart walks in and sits down in a chair. He looks around to see what the others are doing, and as none are speaking out loud, just whispers, Bart sits until someone speaks.
((-The H.I.P.P.O.))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, April 01, 2011 at 12:58 AM:
Clide wakes up. He sees the flashing screen. He goes to the meeting room like a tired zombie and sits next to Bart.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, April 01, 2011 at 11:27 AM:
((Martin?
-The H.I.P.P.O.))

Cheung, Martin replied on Friday, April 01, 2011 at 10:04 PM:
Inside the enclosed room, Sir Marshall glares at the two boys from across the conference table, his fingers tapping at the wooden surface. His bald head gleams in the bright illumination the overhead lights provide as a replacement for the reflected sunlight that fails to enter through the mirrored windows. "The first rule of your stay here, is to knock on the door before you enter," Sir Marshall states coldly. "Only enter if answered." Clustered around the opposite end of the table where Sir Marshall sat, now steepling his hands in thought and staring at the boys, were his retinue of secretaries and officers. Once again, most were bent over and scribbling or typing madly. A few did not though. They included Kelly, who sat primly up, her knees crossed and hands in her lap, and a dark-suited man with equally dark hair with piercing eyes that were a surprising shade of light blue-grey. Two more, a pudgy middle-aged woman with a piggish face and beefy hands, and a tall, gaunt, withered man whose eyes sunk deep into his skull and were bloodshot, completed the few who dared to keep their heads raised. "So, what do you think of your stay here so far boys?" asks Kelly conversationally. "And what do you think you're here for," adds the heavyset woman, keeping her voice neutral.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, April 02, 2011 at 12:43 AM:
"I have no idea what I am here for, but I know I am good at computers. I have thoughly enjoyed myself so far. The computer in my room was superb. Much better than anything I've ever had." Bart says with a genuine smile.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, April 10, 2011 at 7:31 PM:
((And...?))

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, April 11, 2011 at 9:44 PM:
"I'm glad to hear it," Kelly responds, smiling widely. Her perfect white teeth shine in the lighting. Hmmm ..." says the large woman in a noncommital tone. "And you? What's your name? Clive?" She talks to Clide, who has remained silent since his entrance. "Speak up, boy!" On the far side of the conference table, Sir Marshall drums his fingers on the wooden surface. He stares at some papers that lie before him, clearly uninterested in the events taking place in front of him.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 at 12:12 AM:
"Um, it's Clide, mam, and I'm not sure what I'm here for either, but I would like to test out video games!!!" ((XP)) Clide really was hoping that he didn't overdo it...... He smiled his most winning smile.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, April 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM:
"Oh, Clide. What should I do with you?" Bart mutters under his breath.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, May 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM:
(( POST MARIN, POST!!!!!!!)))

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, May 29, 2011 at 1:25 AM:
(( I'm bored with this, though. It's not worth the effort. ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, June 06, 2011 at 9:23 PM:
((I'll get Katherine to kick you out!))

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 12:14 AM:
(( yeah ... you realized i left myself, right? or are you referring to the forum? ))
(( besides, she hasn't been doing anything either. if chichi came back, i might. ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 9:42 PM:
((okay. I'll try to get Chichi to come back.))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, July 13, 2011 at 11:57 PM:
((ZOMG, people posted here! :O
... Whaaat? It's one of the ones that always says NEW for me, and no one had posted here in so long, I figured it was dead. >.>
But, yeah. Stephen, I don't kick people just because they don't post on a thread.))

Cheung, Martin replied on Thursday, July 14, 2011 at 12:15 AM:
(( [gasp] someone posted here!!! XD i was surprised when i saw the "new". also, you realize that was kevin, not stephen, right? rigggghhhhtttt, you totally did. totally. XP ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, July 18, 2011 at 8:39 PM:
((WRITE MARTIN WRITE!
I was also surprised and excited where I saw the 'new')

Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, August 05, 2011 at 9:00 PM:
((Nope, twas Stephen. Because Kevin got demoted to being Stephen. XP
I... was not surprised, though I was mildly interested when I realized there was actually something here and the NEW was not just a glitch.))

Cheung, Martin replied on Monday, August 08, 2011 at 2:14 PM:
(( For the same reason I stopped: ))

The tall thin man frowns at Clide's direction, then reaches into his pocket to withdraw a pair of half-moon spectacles. He puts them on and continues to stare intensely. Sir Marshall leans forward in his chair and says: "Well, I for one thought that you two might be interested in ... medical research. You could help save many lives, you know. It is great work. However ... I see you are interested in technology. Particularly video games."

Sir Marshall waves his hands dismissively. "Very well. I think this is agreeable, as long as you, One: follow the rules. Two: obey our directives. And Three: sign this contract." He smiles thinly. At the snap of his fingers, one of his many secretaries jumps to attention and pulls out two thick packets of paper from within his briefcase and lays them before Clide and Bart.

"Sir, I must protest. I don't feel that this project will come to any favorable outcome." It is the heavyset woman in the middle of the table. "Our resources could be spent better." "My dear Monica ... Calm yourself. I have full faith that these young boys will do us proud."

However, before either of them can start reading anything, the man flips both contracts to their last page. On each are two signature lines at the bottom of the pages. Above them, numberous others had already been filled, presumably by those sitting around the table.

"We didn't think it was necessary for you to go through the trouble of reading everything. Just sign here, boys. Twice for verification." Two ballpoint pens are passed down. Sir Marshall and the others wait expectantly, staring at Clide and Bart.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com

Old Posts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email :: Roleplay :: Massive Roleplays :: Volunteer Fire Department Houses :: Vantage Function Division-
Jump to: