The Cult of Gruesome Murder By Email

The (un)official roleplay site for members of the GCMBE.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Old Posts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Girl, Interrupted
Admin
Girl, Interrupted

Old Posts    Empty
PostSubject: Old Posts    Old Posts    I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 1:01 AM:
Day 1. 5:57 PM.

((enter from Briny Beach))

A car pulls up to the orphanage and a man, Mr. Poe, steps out. He walks up the steps of the patio, coughing into a hankercheif as he opens the door and enters the orphanage. He walks up the front desk and begins to talk quietly with Mrs. Lina. After a minute, he walks back to the car and looks at the three children inside.

"Alright," he coughs, "this will be your new home. Come along and meet your new mother." He takes Clide by the arm and pulls him into the orphanage.

"Mrs. Lina, this is Lide, Tina, and Bart. I'm sure that they're very happy to be here. They'll be very good, won't you, kids? Well, I must go now. I have a meeting with my bank." Poe hurried out the front door as Mrs. Lina stared at the three children in disgust.

"Go up the stairs and turn right," she says sharply, "the first room will be shared between the three of you. Stay in your room until dinner, which is at 7 o'clock. If you are late, you will not eat. After dinner, you must go up to your rooms. At 8, you will go to sleep. You will wake up at 6 AM and come downstairs for roll call before beginning the days work. Am I understood?"

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 1:32 AM:
"Why do I have to share a room with a girl?" said Clide with utter distaste.
Delete...
Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 2:35 AM:
Mrs. Lina glared at him angrily.

"We only have so many rooms, Mr. Macho. You will share one with your sister or sleep outside. It's your choice." She smiled a sickly sweet smile before glaring.

"Now go up to your room."

Zhu, Chichi replied on Friday, February 04, 2011 at 3:08 AM:
"Excuuuuuuuse ME! As if I'd enjoy sharing a room with two smelly little boys! Sorry, Clide, but guess what. REALITY CHECK. They're dead and we have to find out who killed them!" Taina rambled on and on about her plans as they made their way up the winding staircase. Inside such a small building, the stairs seemed to drag on forever. The siblings finally reached their room. A dusty door was framed with cobwebs. Bart man-ed up and reached for the knob, only to jump back in utter disgust and dismay as a spider fell on his hand. Finally, Taina used her hoodie sleeve to reach over and turn the handle.

A horrendous stench hit them the moment the door swung open. The entrance was thin and dilapidated, much like an ill-kept motel room. There were 2 twin beds, full of mothballs and smelled rather sickly. A heater was in the corner of the room, but it looked ages old. Taina walked over and pushed a few buttons, then speechlessly shivered toward her brothers. She walked over to the mirror. It had a long crack in it, and seemed to move a bit on it's own. A sudden draft moved through the room. Taina and Clide sauntered unenthusiastically toward the closed curtains. Each taking one, they threw it open, expecting a flash of bright light. Instead, they got a scream from the little one. Turns out, a horrendous back of a billboard would be their view from that day forth, with graffiti that looked like a frightening banshee on the side facing their room. The window had a hole the size and shape of a fist or a baseball, and had been duct taped over so many times, the entire glass was sticky. One of sides would not close, and at each gust of wind, would fly open, bounce off of the outside bricks, and fly back closed again.

Clide walked toward the bathroom. He flicked the light switch, and screamed, running right back into Bartholemu's surprised arms. Taina went in to see the horror herself. A spider dangled from the ceiling, and three lay in the bathtub. The toilet was old and green, and the sink had a leaky faucet, with a dent where the dripping has worn down the wood. This is ridiculous, the girl muttered under her breath. Her parents JUST died, and they've already been thrown into this nasty orphanage. No time to grieve or anything! No time to even adjust a bit!

Taina pulled out her pocket watch: 6:45. She was careful to keep it hidden in case there were some stupid rules here about small electronics. She called out to the boys:
"15 minutes until dinner. Sibling vote. Should we stay and wait a bit longer, or head out of this dismal, dilapidated, disgusting place right now?"

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 05, 2011 at 1:52 AM:
"I'm scared of this place Taina. I just want to go home!!!," little Clide wailed, holding onto Bart even tighter. ((You can't blame him, he's only seven years old and horribly terrified of spiders.))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 05, 2011 at 1:59 AM:
((BArt, TAiNa, you really need to comfort poor CliDe.........
Or he might commit suicide..... [it rhymes....., but he won't actually commit suicide......]))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, February 07, 2011 at 1:20 PM:
((Sorry I was gone all weekend. I'm now really confused. What am I meant to do?))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, February 07, 2011 at 9:53 PM:
((It's a paragraph roleplay. You type a paragraph describing what you're doing. You're over all goal is to find out who killed your parents and get them arrested... not to mention survival!))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 1:55 AM:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Banging of head against walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought something was going to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 10:24 PM:
((Well, I can't do anything until you guys leave the room!))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 11:25 PM:
WELL CLIDE CAN'T DO ANYTHING EITHER!!!!!!!!!!, HE'S TOO AFRAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, February 08, 2011 at 11:32 PM:
((I NEVER SAID HE COULD, YOU SHIFT ABUSER!!!!))

Cheung, Martin replied on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 at 12:43 AM:
(( okayy ... since kevin probably won't show up for a while, can we kinda move ahead and pretend that you're dragging him along or something? stephen, you keep forgetting to be ooc ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 at 2:18 AM:
((ooc?????))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 at 2:26 AM:
((Out of character. But thanks for the "))" thingies!))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, February 09, 2011 at 12:53 PM:
(( NO ONE's ON!!!!!!!!!!! not Isabel, not KEvin, only me by my lonesome.....
STephEN and Clide
they cried
the poem for the day!!!!!))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 2:24 AM:
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbhhhbhh

Zhu, Chichi replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 12:34 PM:
Violet stood up from her perch on the disgusting bed. She marched out the front door, and looked back. "Well? Are you coming or not?"

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 3:19 PM:
((Violet? Aren't you named Taina?))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 4:08 PM:
((slaps head..........))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 5:15 PM:
'Sure,' Bart replies. 'But where are we going? Do you want to be known to be going? And if no, why not use the window and jump to the billboard?' Bart opens the window letting a torrent of dust fly. He points out side to prove his point.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 5:52 PM:
Downstairs, in the kitchen, Karen is whispering with the janitor as he helps her stir odds and ends into the soup.

"I heard that three new children arrived here today. Are they really...?" Karen murmers anxiously, glancing around as she speaks. You never know when eyes might be watching, after all. To cover for her glancing, she grabs a random shaker and begins to dump in its contents. It turns out to be paprika. Oh well. Hopefully the soup won't really taste as bad as it smells. Karen really can't cook for her life.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 1:57 AM:
"I just want to go home," Clide whispered, still clinging onto Bart.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 3:08 AM:
((Darn it. I was reading the 5th book and thinking about Violet. ))
Taina scolded her brothers for suggesting they escape the most dangerous way possible.
"Foolish boy," she muttered. She picked up a stale piece of bread on the table, and threw it at the billboard. It wavered for a few seconds before the base crumbled and a loud crash followed. The billboard fell off of it's metal hinges.
Taina turned and look at her brothers.
"Downstairs. Now."

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 3:49 AM:
Karen jumps slightly at the crash and looks imploringly at Mark.

"Should we...?" But she knows they can't. They still have something that they must do, things they must take care of, at any cost.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 3:45 PM:
"OK," said Clide, kinda afraid that the whole building may collapse.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 4:17 PM:
((WILL YA'LL STOP TALKING AND WALK DOWNSTAIRS ALREADY?!))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, February 13, 2011 at 6:49 PM:
((Clide isn't going to be the first one, no way))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 9:52 PM:
Bart says, "Well logically we must try the only other exit, the door." He grabs the handle and pulls. [CREAK] "Oh, oops, better hurry now." He jogs on ahead. Then stops back grabs Clide and begins the disent down the ricidy stair case.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 10:44 PM:
Karen hears the creaking stairs and quickly finishes up the 'soup'. It turned out quite nasty, but what can you do? She enters the mess hall and sets out eleven bowls as eleven kids walk down the stairs and sit down at the table. Karen stands in the corner, watching silently, hoping not to be noticed.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Monday, February 14, 2011 at 11:33 PM:
"Who's that freaky lady?" Clide asked as he notices a woman standing in a corner; she looked creepy.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 12:32 AM:
((She looks normal, actually; she's your average 23 year old. She's a bit small with brown hair and eyes, no unique features, and she's wearing sweats)).

Besides the siblings, there were 8 other kids and teens in the orphanage. There was Lettie (8, F), Johnathen (13, M), Bryanna and Blade ( 15, F and M), Alexis (15, F), Jennyfer (16, F), Tod (16, M), and Ricky (17, F). They all sat down in their seats silently, eating as quietly as possible, none of them looking at each other or anywhere, really, but their bowls. Lettie gagged a bit at the taste of the soup, but no one looked at her.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 2:20 AM:
Taina glanced around. She looked into her soup, but unwrapped a fill-tummy toffee instead. She passed one to Clide and one to Bart, and gave them the signal to just play around with their soup and conceal the candy.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, February 15, 2011 at 11:16 PM:
(('fill-tummy'?????))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 2:39 AM:
((Excuse me, I couldn't think of a better name! YOU make up new ideas then!))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 10:38 PM:
Bart looks around with the people, noticing that they are all older than him. Looking down, he sees the spoon. After tring a bite (or whatever) of the soup, he conceals it in his pocket. he then looks around and sees the lady. He replies to Clide, "she probably made the soup."

Johnston, Stephen replied on Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 11:09 PM:
"Well why did she make it so badly?" Clide asked.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 12:16 AM:
Karen's eyes narrow slighty as she hears the children talking. It's not hard to hear at all; everyone else in the room is silent, and most look nervous at the sibling's brash nature. Karen walks back into the kitchen and ducks into a passage leading her directly behind the mess hall so she can still hear what is going on and can see thanks to a one-way mirror.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 12:36 AM:
"and where did the freaky lady go?"

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 12:35 PM:
'I don't know. I think we should leave now.' Bart replies. Eyeing the mirror, he hos over and makes sure his hair is as messy as ever. While he's doing it, he sees the faint outline of the lady. He sits back down and whispers to Clide, "I think she's in there' pointing to the mirror.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 8:43 PM:
((Eh? You can't see through those kinds of mirrors, can you???))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM:
((......, I don't know......, maybe it's just a really, really, really defective/horrible version?????))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 11:01 PM:
((I doubt it.))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 11:22 PM:
((Well it's like a Series of Unfortunate Events....., almost anything within the realm of reality could happen.....))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, February 17, 2011 at 11:27 PM:
((Then, within the realm of reality, she could just burn them all right here and now.
Seriously, it's more fun when you all have to figure things out, not just see through a mirror...))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 1:24 AM:
((Well, they usually CAN be seen through....but, anyway...))
((Disregard the part about seeing the mirror))
"I'm going upstaits," Bart declares. He then walks up to the room, and with the lack of other things to do, stares out the window. He then thinks and hides the spoon under the matress of his bed.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 1:55 AM:
((They can???
Kk.
Why did he bring the spoon upstais with him???))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 2:06 AM:
"Clide, let's go."
Taina marches up to her room, muttering a quick thank you to the lady who they think made the soup. She went up to the room, and plopped down near Bart. One look, and his face portrayed guilt. With a questioning glance, she addresses him and Clide. ((Is Clide in the room yet, Stephen?))

"We have got to get out of here. Did anyone see the boarded up window near that black-ish looking hole around the dining area? We've gotta investigate next time we're back there. Any input, guys?"

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, February 18, 2011 at 10:53 PM:
'I say get some sleep,'Bart says poping the candy into his mouth. 'Lets wait until morning, then hope the food's edible, and ask the lady about our situation. Worst case senerio, we jump out the hole and go...where ever. Okay?

((Who knows when a spoon may come in handy?))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 12:15 AM:
Clide quickly grabs the kife and fork and hides them in his pants..... then follows Taina.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM:
O.o

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 2:13 AM:
kife ... hehe ... that means head in qaeiojg. XP
wow. that's not suspicious at all. i think someone would notice them disappear.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 2:16 AM:
They were plastic....., they didn't trust Clide with real utensils.....

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 2:47 AM:
((Just so you know, you were noticed stealing, and there will be consequences.))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 2:48 AM:
((And yes, they consider it stealing, despite the utensiles being disposable. ^^;Wink)

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 7:53 PM:
(( Ahhh.........., but I did it under the table..........))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 7:57 PM:
((They count the silverware, and the other kids were far too terrified to even dream of being defiant... you'll see why soon.))

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 7:58 PM:
(( mrs. lina is extremely frugal. these plastic forks have been used for a couple years now ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 8:38 PM:
((WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 9:40 PM:
(( Very Happy ))

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 9:58 PM:
Outside of the room, Mark the janitor is starting his rounds. He always sweeps the hallway during lunch, (if he sweeps at all) making sure the floor can be seen and isn't covered underneath dust and grime. The orphanage is expecting a visitor in the afternoon, a potential parent who might finally adopt one of these irritating children. He pauses outside of one doorway to wipe his forehead clean of sweat with a dirty hankerchief. Mark is an old man and can hardly manage doing simple yard work. As he returns the hankerchief to his jeans pocket, he hears a voice inside the room. That shouldn't be right. All the children should be downstairs, eating their soup in silence. The janitor puts his ear to the door. "... we jump out of the hole and go ... wherever," he heard a voice say. Mark was outraged. Escape from the orphanage! No, they were needed. Though he despised the children he swept and cleaned for, they were essential for the orphanage to profit.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, February 19, 2011 at 10:08 PM:
Karen just left the hallway and is re-entering the mess hall when she sees the three new siblings passing her.

"Thank you," the eldest, a girl, mutteres to her. Karen's eyes widen before narrowing as they walk up to their rooms. After making sure that the other children are still doing as they were told, she follows the new kids upstairs. She notices Mark by their door and nods to him before opening the door and walking in.

"What are you three doing up here?" she asks curtly, "get back downstairs imediately. Don't you realize how dangerous it is to break protocal?"

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 12:19 PM:
'I am not sure of what to do right now, so it is very hard for me to do it!' Bart exclaims. 'Could you please explain to me what I am suposed to do, then I will do it.'

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, February 20, 2011 at 4:29 PM:
"Just go downstairs and eat your dinner silently. Then go upstairs and go to bed. Tomorrow morning at 6, you will come downstairs for roll call and dinner before doing you chores. School is from 2 until 5. Any spare time is to be spent in your room. We just can't have a repeat of before..." Karen muttered, looking worried.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 12:01 AM:
"You're a crackpot!!!!" said Clide.
((I couldn't help it......))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 12:53 AM:
Karen raised an eyebrow.

"You say that without knowing so much as my name, let alone my history here."

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 12:57 AM:
"I'll follow your instuctions ((and replace the spoon)) if you can tell me a little more about yourself and your history, as you said." Bart says in a helpful voice ((as opposed to the tone Stephen used)).

Reuben, Katherine replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 1:06 AM:
Karen hesitate before nodding slowly.

"Alright. I was born in this town and, though I used to dream of escaping it to live somewhere else, was forced to stay here to support my family. I have been working in this orphanage since I was 18 years old, barely old enough to not be a resident here myself. It was a low paying, hard job, but I really needed the money, and not much gave oppurtunity around here. Besides, the job was usually easy, with very little change in routine. But one day... that all changed... I was working a night shift here becuase I was trying buy a fancy coat for my father for his birthday. It was a dry summer night, but no different than most. I was just about to leave when Mrs. Lina, the woman who runs the place, asked me to come look at something. She had found a strange piece of paper tacked to one of the bathroom doors. It was decorated with only a picture of an eye. I remember thinking how strange that was, and I was about to go check the library to see if that was some sort of cult symbol before I heard the children screaming. I rushed out of the room and... the orphanage.... it was... on fire... smoke was already pouring everywhere. The fire was very fast spreading, so looking, back I realize chemicals must have been used. But at the time, all I could think about was the children... the poor children... we... we got most of them out, but... oh, some of them had snuck back into the kitchen for a midnight snack, and! They burned, they burned to death! It was so horrible! They were burned alive! And the smell, oh the smell, it was so terrible! And one of the younger children, Alondra was her name, she ran back to grab her teddy bear. We got her ought, but she had breathed in too much smoke and... she... died..."

Karen took a deep breath, trying to calm herself, strengthen herself, hold back the tears threatening to spill over.

"Do you understand now," she asked dully, "why it is so important to follow the rules? Those poor children... excuse me, I have to go. Please follow me back to the kitchen." Karen turned away, eyes red.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 1:34 AM:
((Ahhhh.....))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Monday, February 21, 2011 at 11:24 PM:
"Yes, I will do that" Bart says. "I feel so sorry for you, but if it makes you feel any better, our family's house burned down....while our parents were in in Maybe there is something we can do for each other."
Bart pulls the spoon out from under the matress without showing Karen, before walking down the stairs and using the spoon to begin eating the soup.
He mutters under his breath, "If she cares so much for us children, maybe she could learn to cook." However, he eats all his soup and waits for Clide and Taina to finish.
((So she is good, then who's bad?))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 3:16 PM:
Taina whips around when the door opens. The soup woman she thanked earlier was standing in the doorway, looking assertive. The woman commands them to go back downstairs. Taina turns to silence her brothers after the woman speaks so nothing stupid is told, but they don't notice.

Prompted by Clide and Bart, Karen began telling a story about a fire... a fire? Taina's mind writhed. Visions of burning, screaming voices and blackened hands, hollowed eyes swarmed in her brain. Human forms, bodily silhouettes dove in and out of the labyrinths.

That face is calling, screaming for help. She's got blond hair, and little green eyes, remarkably like a younger Mom, but she's falling, falling, falling. My mind is spinning around again. What the heck is Karen saying? I just a soft buzzing, pleasant almost, ruined by the slowly joining pulsing beats of shrieking... crying... yells of despair. A smell of burning wood arose... I'm falling, like the little girl. Falling, falling, falling. The hole, it seemed endless. I'm going down.

Taina snapped out of her mental battle when she hear her little brothers' voices ring out once again. She remained silent, and trooped down the stair behind them. She pulled out her chair and sat down robotically, picked up her spoon like an automaton, drank her soup without tasting a sip. She still didn't trust Karen, and poured over all the possibilities of evil while sitting rigidly in her chair. Slapping thieving brothers' hands absentmindedly, she was still concentrating on the odd incident that occurred in her mind only. What the heck was going on back there?

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, February 23, 2011 at 4:16 PM:
Bart notices Taina slapping his hand, and looks over with a look of misunderstanding. She doesn't usually do that, I wonder what's wrong. His mind then wanders back to the eye Karen was talking about, and he thinks that as soon as he can get to a computer, he will do some research on it. ((He retured the spoon as soon as he walked in)) He finishes his soup, and when he sees Taina finish, he motions for her to go upstairs to the bedroom. e then begins the jouney up the stairs.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, March 03, 2011 at 11:44 AM:
Come on everyone, someone else reply!

Sholl, Kevin replied on Friday, March 04, 2011 at 12:06 AM:
((Oh, well.))
Bart walks up to the room and flops down on the bed. He discovers that he is actually quite tired, and falls asleep quickly, too tired and lazy to take off his shoes.

He wakes up....in his own home. He is so happy. To make sure it isn't a dream he even pinches himself. He looks around and sees his computer, and his bookshelf, and all the other things in his room. He logs on to the computer using the 5 passwords he created. He edits some programs, and some pictures, he logs on to his email, but there isn't any new mail.

All of a sudden he is bored with the computer. He logs off email, and shuts it down, and walks down stairs. There is Clide reading a book on past presidents. As Bart walks into Clide's room to look at Clide's new science expierement, usually not that impressive, Clide looks up and growls. Growls! Bart quickly turns around and runs down stairs to the bottom floor, not even bothering to look at Taina's room.

He finds his father baking, a first, and his mother sewing up an outfit. That is something out of the blue! Bart had always wanted them to try something new like that. His father stirs a pot and his mother's sewing machine lets out a constant click-click. When one of them noticies him, they turn and begin to growl and glare at him. Bart is so scared he runs up to his room.

His father begins to chase him, but knocks a pot over in the process. The boiling pot hits the ground splashing everywhere. It even hits the sewing machine which begins to spark. All of a sudden the tables on fire! Bart runs upstairs as his parents begin to try and contain the fire. He reaches his room, then realizes what happened and begins to look for an exit. His looks out the window, where flames are beginning to lick at the base. His door is the best exit, before it bursts into flames. Everything on fire. He is so scared, he decides to try the 3-story jump out the flaming window. He jumps and....

...he wakes up. "Fire! Fire!" he yells. "Get out! Fire! Help!" He looks around and sees his siblings, and screams. He hides under the cover, and realizes it was a dream. A horible nightmare. He breaks into sobs. As he sobs he mutters, "Family .... father ..... fire ... Clide .... cooking... fire .... growl ....fire ....scared ...fire ... home ...fire"

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, March 04, 2011 at 11:18 PM:
"Bart, you scared me," said Clide innocently, "but everything's alright." Hugs Bart.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 2:16 AM:
Taina was not that lenient. "Bart! What the heck, man? Karen's gonna come running any minute! What happened?" Her voice dropped to a soft whisper and her eyes cast downward. "Did you dream about...?"

Taina looked back and Bart, and then the door. Were there footsteps clicking around? Are those thumps moving toward their doors?

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 3:05 AM:
Karin woke up in the middle of the night, unsure why, but having a foggy sort of idea that someone had yelled fire. Then she heard screaming. Swearing under her breath, unsure whether this was for real or some childish prank by malicious newcomers, she pulled on a sweater and ventured up the drafty stairs to the new children's room. She paused for a moment, listening to decide if it was even worth intervening, before cracking open the door.

"What on earth is going on in here?" she whispered harshly, "I heard screaming from downstairs. You better hope Mrs. Lina did not hear anything..." She glanced around the room to try and discern what had caused the screaming, but could find no obvious cause; and, to her great relief, no fire.

"Did you have a nightmare?" she asked, face softening slightly.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 05, 2011 at 11:24 PM:
"Yes" Bart says. "I am so sorry" He motions to everyone. "To everyone."
((YES!!!! I knew this would bring some activity!!!!!!))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Wednesday, March 09, 2011 at 12:39 PM:
In the morning, Bart woke up and say the sun coming into the window. He smelled something cooking from downstairs, but when it was a bad smell, he thought he was dreaming again. When he opened his eyes, Bart quicklly realized where he was. He looked out the window and saw an occational car on the street. He glances at Taina's watch cleverly hidden on the hightstand light, not looking as if it ever worked. It reads 5:45. Bart rouses the others and begins to talk. "In fifteen minutes we will go downstairs for roll call and whatever that lady is cooking for breakfast. I have a feeling like we may not find much more information here, so we need to escape. I think if we could just get chores outside...." He leaves the thought unfinished.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 10:37 PM:
"Perhaps," said Clide innocently.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 11:14 PM:
Karin stands at the bottom of the stairs, whistle in hand. She blows it, then re-enters the kitchen, leaving role call to Mrs. Lina. She begins stirring burnt scrambled eggs, dumping in salt, pepper, and paprica with a bit of cheese and hoping that the consistancy will be better than melted plastic. Well, it can't be that awful, can it?
Karin is more than a little thankful that the staff is allowed to buy food from a nearby convience store to eat.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 11:17 PM:
Bart, looks scared at the door, before realizing the signal, and walking down. When Mrs. Lina says Bartholemew, he dully says here.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Thursday, March 10, 2011 at 11:41 PM:
Clide goes to the bathroom.

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 2:52 AM:
Marshall, or Sir Marshall as he liked to be called, approached the orphanage's front door. He smoothed out his impeccably clean suit and rang the doorbell. Sir Marshall glanced around his surroundings condescendingly. The porch of the orphanage sagged and the front yard bare, only a few shoots of grass surviving. The plain walls of the building were grimy and weatherbeaten. Sir Marshall disliked, no hated, a lack of cleanliness. Just to get rid of this ugly place, perhaps he should buy the orphanage and turn it into a strip mall or something. He rang the doorbell again, then three times. He didn't like to be kept waiting either.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:13 AM:
Mrs. Lina stood at the bottom of the stairs, waiting impatiently for the children to come down. One by one, everyone rushed down and formed a line... everyone except Clide. At first, he is not missed, but even Mrs. Lina notices when he does not respond at rolecall. Her eyes narrow.

"Taina?" Mrs. Lina asks, checking to make sure the sister is there, before contiuning, "and where is your brother?"

"Instead of sending you off to your chores, we have a very special guest here today. If we're lucky, he might decide to adopt one of you miserable little brats, so be good!" Glaring, Mrs. Lina walked over and opened the door, fixing on a smile.

"Hello, Mr. Marshall. Why don't you come in? These are the children. Feel free to ask them questions, I'm sure they will all be very cooperative."

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 3:19 AM:
"Hello," he said. He did not smile at Mrs. Lina. He never smiled. "I am Sir Marshall," he said, emphasizing the sir. Sir Marshall entered the orphanage and glared at the children. At least they were in a neat line, he thought. But they were rather grubby and unkempt. He walked down the length of the line, examining each child. Sir Marshall stopped in front of Bartholemew. "You there," he said. "Little boy. What's your name?" He paused. "Well, answer my question!"

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 2:04 PM:
"My name is Bartholemew. ((how are we going to spell it? I think it has changed several times already!)) I am 9 ((or is it 11?)). I have two siblings, Tiana and Clide." Why he added in the extra information, he didn't know, but at least he thought it made him sound smarter.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 4:40 PM:
Clide walks down the stairs and goes to Mrs. Lina to say, "sorry I'm late," before standing next to Taina and Bart.

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 9:43 PM:
"Hmph. Siblings, are you? And three of you, no less." Sir Marshall felt unusually charitable. He walked over to Mrs. Lina, the pudgy old woman attempting a smile, but only producing a sort of painful grimace. Smiles did not come natural to her. "Well, I'll take two of them, but no more than that." Sir Marshall turned the three children standing next to each other at the end of the line. The boy, Bartholemew, with wild hair, his younger brother, with an annoyingly cheerful face, and the older girl, in a hoodie. He pondered which ones would be the best choices, but couldn't decide. Bartholemew wouldn't be presentable, Clide plain irritating, and Taina most likely a troublemaker. "Two of you can come with me. Choose amongst yourselves, and be quick about it." Sir Marshall returned to Mrs. Lina. "How much will it be for two?" and he reached into his pocket for a bulging wallet.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 10:21 PM:
((And I am finally asked to put a price on life!... and good, I was hoping this would happen.))

Mrs. Lina paused for a moment.

"Normally," she smiled sweetly as she could, "children are $20,000 each, but as you are so generous as to want two of them, we will lower the price to $18,000 per child. We would lower it more, but these children are simply the sweetest children on earth, and it simply wouldn't do to make them feel so inferior.

"Now children, hurry up and pick which of you will be going home with Sir Marshall today. Please don't keep the nice man waiting, children." As her back was turned to Sir Marshall, she felt it safe to sneer at the three orphans.

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 10:43 PM:
Bart, hearthbroken, looks at the others and says, "Well, he is into computers, and I should be able to do something there. It would be unfair to leave poor Clide alone, but to leave Tiana alonw would also be torture. I say I should go, and I will use my best computer skills to bring you with me as soon as possible. I know it's horrible, but I really do feel that it would be nessisary." He looks at the others with a pleading face.

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 3:29 PM:
"You two go! I'll-" Taina's voice drops to a careful whisper. "-escape. I'll be gone by the 3rd of next month. On the 5th, meet me at the hotel with whatever disguises you can make. Do NOT steal them. Make them. Okay?" Taina reached her brothers into a hug. "Cause a lot of trouble, you hear? But not TOO much. Not enough to get left on the street," she added ominously.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 3:35 PM:
Mrs. Lina clicked impatiently.

"Have you all decided?" she asked, the strain of keeping her voice sweet evident.

"Those of you who will be leaving with Sir Marshall, please go to wait in his car. The rest of you, it's time for your chores. Please go to the kitchen for further instruction."

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 3:38 PM:
Taina turned and smiled sweetly at Mrs. Lina. "One more moment, please? I'd like to say good-bye to my brothers." She faked a tear and, without waiting for an answer, crouched next to the boys again. "Be careful! Naughty, very naughty, but careful! I've got to go. Good luck, and remember, the 5th!" She finished speaking, barely audible to even her brothers who were just centimeters away, and turned to the kitchen.

"Good morning," Taina said boldly, and awaited her chore assignments.

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 3:43 PM:
Mrs. Lina gritted her teeth, but knew there was nothing she could do infront of a stranger. Muttering to herself, she went to help with the paperwork, leaving chore assignment up to Karin. The other orphans gave an audible sigh of relief. Karin was far less harsh than Mrs. Lina when it came to giving them chores.

"Hello, Taina," Karin smiled slightly, "would you like to help me in the kitchen today? Here, I could use a little help with these eggs. The last batch... well, I think it's slightly inedible." She glanced at the burnt, smelly, runny mess in the trashcan before quickly looking away, smiling just a little too brightly.

Johnston, Stephen replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 4:37 PM:
"Bye Taina," said Clide sweetly, "and don't worry, I'll remember."

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, March 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM:
"Thank you," Bart mouths. "Great, now I'm stuck with him," he mutters pointing at Clide. "Well, I'll be surrounded by computers. Boy, I wich I could stay, to bad I have to escape," he says, again muttering. He walks to the car and waits for Clide to get in. When he does, he waits for Sir Marshall to come. He takes the whole car ride quietly. "Do NOT cause any trouble Clide," he says. "I will not have you interfearing with my computer privaledges!"
[Exits to ...the Sir Marshall place, I don't know the name]

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:14 PM:
((Clide left a note on Taina's pillow stating...
Taina, I saw the car, and this is in case you are left here without us. Don't worry, we'll stay safe and remember any plan you tell us.
......))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:28 PM:
((... that REALLY sounds like cheating...))

Cheung, Martin replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:44 PM:
(( what's the purpose of that, anyways? clide already told taina he would ... ))
(( we're waiting for chichi to post as taina here, right? ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Tuesday, March 15, 2011 at 10:48 PM:
((Just to make sure Taina stays sane!!!!! XD))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:30 PM:
((What the heck is Taina supposed to do...))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Friday, March 18, 2011 at 11:52 PM:
((I don't know....))

Cheung, Martin replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 1:01 AM:
Jerome Squalor was no longer in the prime of his life. He was now a slightly gaunt, smaller version of his former self. But he was still content with his achievements. Jerome Squalor had published 27 books in succession, the first his groundbreaking book, Odious Lusting After Finance, a comprehensive history of injustice. During the years between his original publication and now, he had played host to several children. Jerome, remembering regretfully the Baudelaire children, wondering where they had escaped to, or whether they even survived, had adopted young children and raised them in his penthouse at 667 Dark Avenue. His latest foster-son, Erasamus, had recently graduated from college, and Mr. Squalor felt reminiscent and a need for a youngster in his life again. So he got in his car and drove to the orphanage. He was shocked by the changes in its appearance. Years ago, the orphanage had been a clean, well-kept place where the children were relatively happy while they waited for adoption. Now the facade was smudged and fading. Clearly the facility had gotten a new manager. Jerome Squalor pulled his car to the side of the road and parallel parked, then walked up to the front door and rang the doorbell. He looked up to the second story windows, where the children lived.

(( clide and bart aren't the only ones who'll get adopted. ))

Johnston, Stephen replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 1:08 AM:
((OMG))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 1:24 PM:
((Hehe, yay, Martin!))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2:15 PM:
((Come on Chichi. I'll make my character find out by using the computer))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Saturday, March 19, 2011 at 2:36 PM:
((And how would that work?))

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM:
(( anyways, care to post as mrs. lina while we wait for chichi, katherine? ))

Sholl, Kevin replied on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at 10:08 PM:
((idk. orphanage website?))

Zhu, Chichi replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 12:58 AM:
((DO SOMETHING... Por favor))

Cheung, Martin replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 2:18 AM:
(( well the last post was mine ... so you should do something! XD katherine's better at being the grouchy mrs. lina though ... ))

Reuben, Katherine replied on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 8:24 PM:
Mrs. Lina stared angrily at the door.

"Now what?" she muttered under her breath. She stomped over to the door, but tried her best to look pleasent while opening it.

"Yes?" she asked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cgmbe.forumotion.com

Old Posts
Page 1 of 1